Is today the day?

Tomorrow - the long awaited day - came easily to the two, as they practically fell asleep moments after closing their eyes due to the comfort they felt.

Not even the occasional urge to move a muscle or scratch an itch at some point in the night torn the two apart. Even then, any moment either of them felt like they were moving away, even slightly, they'd pull themselves to be closer. It was almost as if their hearts heard each other through their bodies and beat at the same time, in sync.

When the morning arrived, the faint feeling of y/n's breath falling on wanda's neck woke wanda up. It wasn't a harsh awakening, though. It was comforting and calm, and too cozy for wanda to just leave it.

However, despite being so locked in each other's company, wanda managed to slip away without disturbing her guests sleep. Even though wanda woke up early once again, she didn't feel tired, or sad, or lonely. No, instead, she felt whole, happy, and truly not alone.

So, with last nights comfort hovering over her, she set off and out of the cabin with a plan. A plan to give y/n the breakfast she deserved, the breakfast wanda desperately wanted to give her.

Y/n woke up slowly, her arms empty. That was the first thing she noticed as she came to consciousness, wanda was no longer lying in her embrace. Startled by the awareness that she was alone, she pushed herself up to lean on her arms, her eyes scanning the room.

It didn't take long for her eyes to fall upon the small, hand written note wanda left, carefully and cautiously on the space she vacated moments before y/n awoke.

"Good morning, princess. I hope you've woken up okay, I didn't want to have to leave you alone so early. I really wanted to be able to wake up with you and see your stupid morning hair, or hear your tired voice, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to surprise you. I've gone out to the far forest to pick strawberries, since you prefer them to cherries. My heart told me to do this, and for once, without hesitation, I'm going to listen to it. I don't think you'll ever be able to understand how it felt to fall asleep in your arms, and I'm hoping that wasn't the last time. I'll hopefully be back before you wake, but if not, you'll know where I am.

                                            <3 maximoff."

By the time she'd finished reading, she noticed the smile that instinctively grew on her face. She pressed the note on her chest - close to her heart - as she let out the excited giggles she desperately needed to.

After allowing herself to calm down, she tucked the note away in her pocket and pushed herself off of the bed with a stretch and a groan. With an idea already in mind, she trailed off out into the living room to find the wooden carving she'd hidden.

With a faint yawn, she crouched down beside the couch and took out the completed carving she'd slotted under it, then she stood back up. Her eyes checked it for one last time, hoping that wanda would like it when she finally saw it.

With a light hum, she placed it on the counter in the kitchen so wanda could be reminded every time she walked into it. After gazing at the carving on the counter, her eyes wandered around the kitchen to notice a few - seemingly unnoticeable - things that were either out of place or messy.

Purely to entertain herself while awaiting wanda's return, she decided to organise and tidy parts of the kitchen. The light hum she previously picked up remained as she trailed around the kitchen, sorting out of place things into whatever looked like the best order.

Meanwhile, over in the forests, wanda walked with a new, excited step. With love she felt burning inside of her, she trailed through the trees, waiting until she made it until the strawberries were, hoping to fill up the basket she was carrying.

She was going to do it. She couldn't believe she was going to do it. As she kept her head down, her mind flickered through every way she could admit everything to y/n.

Her smile grew just thinking about it. Her heart raced, her fears left, her stomach turned in excitement. She was so deep in thought that she didn't pay much attention to where she was actually going, not until her foot lightly hit something which seemed to block her bath and knock her out of her thoughts.

She didn't think much of it as she looked down at it, that was until she realised what she'd stumbled upon. Just in front of her foot, she saw a slick back duffel bag, lying aimlessly on the floor. Her head slowly rose to see the sight in front of her, the sight which caused her to drop the basket in shock.

There it was, the wreck of the plane crash. The ruins of y/n's arrival that weakened away in the woods, but refused to disappear. Instead, it's dilapidated remains clung to each other by a thread, but even then, it couldn't save the ruins.

But, of course, wanda didn't know it was y/n's plane. She suspected it, yes, but she hoped that, in that moment, she just somehow happened to stumble upon a completely different wreck.

While she repressed the idea that it had anything to do with y/n, she crouched down and picked the basket up off of the floor. When her hand touched the side of the basket, she felt the feeling of another item touching it, an item that clearing wasn't dirt.

It was a small - nearly destroyed - laminated slip of paper, so wanda didn't think too much of it. She didn't think too much of it until she realised that the slice of card was attached to the duffel bag, showing the owner.

The second she turned the card around, her breath hitched and her stomach dropped. Written proudly on the card, in bold, was "Agent Y/N L/N. Level 9, S.W.O.R.D. Specialist."