Meanwhile, at sword

"I'll be home in an hour, I haven't got much more work to do." Monica assured her girlfriend as she spoke through the phone.

She leant against a wall, slightly tucked away around a hallway so no one would interrupt her, or see the smile that grew on her face while she spoke.

"Good, our movie has been on hold for ages, and I cant promise that I won't eat all the popcorn." Darcy replied.

Monica chuckled softly, "if you eat it, you're buying more."

"No, that's not a good deal." She rambled on, trying to make the phone call last as long as it could.

She whined, "I don't want to watch a movie with no popcorn."

"Then you better hurry up and get home." Her playful tone rang through the phone, "how's everything going there, anyway? Have you heard anything from y/n, how's her big mission going? I bet she isn't any happier about that."

Monica took in a breath then sighed, "she hasn't made contact with anyone here in a while. I mean, she should've landed by now. I don't know, I just feel like Hayward knows something that he isn't telling us."

"That guys incredibly shady, of course he knows something you don't." She scoffed, clearly frustrated by talking about him.

"Wait." Monica paused to watch the surge of guards that just poured in through the main doors.

Bunches of guards surrounded one man in the middle; director Tyler Hayward. They walked in formation, armed to the teeth in the strongest weapons sword were able to get their hands on.

Six of the guards parted ways and walked off onto their own directions, while two followed the director into his office.

"Okay, Hayward just got into his office, I've gotta go talk to him. "She told her, "i love you."

"I love you, too." Darcy replied.

Monica ended the call and slid her phone into her pocket so she could she then begin making her way over to the office Hayward just walked into.

"Any updates?" Hayward asked to the two guards who stood opposite his desk.

"Nothing, sir." One of the guards reluctantly informed him.

Balling his fists on the surface of his desk, he grunted, "why the fuck cant someone find that plane?"

Upon hearing the confirmation of y/n's disappearance, monica stopped at the door, using the slight crack in it to her advantage.

Gulping, the other explained, "almost all of the systems shut down at once, director, except the tracking, that one went off the earliest. All we know, is that the plane didn't land in romania."

"It's not like she could've gone far." He mumbled with an angry tone as he slumped down into his desk chair.

The guards momentarily glanced at each other with confusion, before one of them gained the courage to ask what they both thought.

"You mean the plane?" The braver one asked.

With a mix between anger and confusion on his face, the director asked, "what?"

"The plane couldn't have gone for." The other one elaborated, "y/n wasn't the only one on it."

"Do you think I give a shit about whoever else was on that plane?" He sarcastically asked with a frustrated scoff, "do you have any idea how easily that girl could destroy sword - could destroy me - if she was free from it? That's why I've been trying to keep her on boring missions, it's why I sent her to romania because it was a fucking waste of time, I needed to get rid of her."

"Well," a guard cleared his throat, "I think you've done that. You have gotten rid of her."

"She could've landed it somewhere else." Hayward shrugged, "she could've gotten out while they were flying over another country."

Not knowing what to say, the two guards stood there in silence in front of the desk. They both hoped the other would say something to break the silence, but that hope was interrupted when hayward broke it.

"Well, don't just stand there, go find that fucking plane. Put everyone you've got on finding this, I want it handled." He yelled.

"How do you want us to-." One of them began asking.

"I don't care what you have to do, I don't even care who you have to hurt... just promise me you'll eradicate the problem." He ordered, cutting them off.

"And by 'the problem', you mean?" He asked, purely for the final verification.

He didn't hesitate to admit, "Y/n." 

With the last point of clarification, monica began panicking. She tried to stay listening for anymore information she could gather, but she saw someone approaching her direction which cut her thinking off completely.

With a mildly warm coffee in hand, Jimmy woo walked across the room to find the office he was meant to be temporarily working in.

Moments away from his office, he saw monica hiding beside the ever so slightly open door of the director's office and slowed down his track ever so slightly.

The second monica locked eyes with him, her breath hitched in fear that he would accidentally expose her to Hayward.

"Monica?" He squinted, "what're you-."

Before he could unknowingly blow her cover, she grabbed his sleeve and pulled him further down the hall so they were out of sight from anyone else.

"They can't find y/n." She told him.

"What?" He asked, "what do you mean they-."

"They can't find her, Jimmy." She repeated, "Her plane didn't make it to romania and they haven't heard anything from any of them since. Not y/n, not Jack, not the pilot, no one."

"But-." He paused, "it was supposed to be a research mission, how could it have gone wrong?"

"I don't know, but Hayward isn't talking about it as if he's concerned about the loss of everyone." She explained, "he's really set on finding y/n, and her only."

"That doesn't make sense, why is not focused the fact that they've also lost Jack, for example, their second best specialist." He asked.

"Because Jack doesn't know every shady thing Hayward has done." She answered, "you know that she can find out anything she wants about anyone, it didn't take her long to find out why he hasn't been thrown in prison yet. If anyone finds out who she is, she could reveal everything wrong with sword and the director." She scanned the area to make sure they were truly alone.

Jimmy's face dropped when he realised, "He's gonna want her dead."