Her sokovian song

The day blurred to the night once again, and y/n still hadn't moved at all. Wanda fell asleep quicker than the night before, knowing she'd finally given y/n the whipped cream, even if y/n was awake to receive them. Although, she did have her round of nightmares due to the fact that y/n wasn't there to physically comfort her.

Despite the fact she'd awoken to the sight of her love still in her sleep, wanda wasn't strictly disappointed. In fact, the second the breeze blew on her face and gently alerted her that the morning had come, she sprung out of bed and left the room immediately.

During her patient wait for y/n yesterday, wanda came up with an idea of something she could do when she woke up with a different perspective; and that was this morning. Although she was still missing y/n, a hopefulness accompanied her wait. A hopefulness that made it easier for her to get by. She thought that if she could convince herself that y/n was going to have to wake up at some point, then why should she rush it?

The cupboard in the hallway had its door gently pulled open by wanda before she stretched up to pull clean sheets out from the top of it. She stood on the tips of her toes with her hand stretched out high above her in an attempt to grab it normally. However, when she couldn't grab them, she simply pulled them out with her powers and caught them in her arms when they fell to her.

With the pile of sheets resting in her arms, she made her way back into the bedroom and dropped the pile into the chair she'd previously set up for herself. Wanda didn't hesitate to use her magic to strip the pillows and bottom sheet from the bed.

With one hand, wanda held up y/n's head while she slid the new pillows into the place, before gently allowing her head to fall back into the comforts. As she directed the fourth corner of the second sheet onto the mattress, wanda slowly made her way around to the other side of the bed - the side where y/n rested.

Once the corner was tucked in, she began pulling the sheet off of the quilt, again, with her magic. By the time it came to the last corner of the cover, wanda was standing beside y/n while she looked down at her, lovingly.

Accompanying a soft and gentle smile, wanda leant down and placed a kiss on y/n's forehead before she then pulled the sheet from her corner of the cover. She tossed the sheet to the floor beside her and unfolded the fresh one she'd pulled from the cupboard.

Without even attempting to do it herself, wanda slid the sheet onto the large quilt with her magic while standing casually beside the bed. The bed practically made itself under the influence of wandas magic, where it then gently rested upon the mattress once again.

The pillows had been fluffed, the cover had been smoothed out, and the sheets had been changed, mostly in a matter of seconds due to wanda's magic.

Now that she was satisfied and done, she trailed off to the shelf the other side of the room and rummaged through her collection of books in search of a specific one. When she found the one she had her mind set on, she smiled to herself and pulled it from the rest, holding it tightly in her hands and closely to her chest.

On her way back to the bed, she found herself subconsciously humming the tune to a song she'd known since her time as a child in sokovia. Of course, it was in sokovian so if y/n was to wake up, she'd be met with confusion, but it was a song that wanda loved so much that she couldn't ignore.

The gentle hum of her sokovian song made its way to y/n's ears, even if she wasn't able to notice. The song provided the memories of her previous happiness which brought a comfort to her, a comfort that was a close second the kind y/n brought her.

When she made sure the sheets were on and the fresh cover was hugging y/n for her, wanda slumped down in her chair and kicked her legs up to rest on the bed. She placed the book in her lap and opened it, turning to the page she had left it on.

The book that she had chosen to read was the third book of the killing eve series; die for me. She'd already witnessed the events that come next in the book, so she knew she wouldn't be surprised. However, she wasn't reading for the possibility of surprise, she was reading for her own comfort, and, of course, she was reading it aloud to y/n as she had done before.

She continued from wherever caught her eye, "It was the way villanelle made me feel. For all my frozen horror at what she had done, I was awestruck. Her focus, her meticulousness, her ruthless pity of purpose. I'd been sleepwalking through life and suddenly there she was, my perfect adversary." She began reading, the familiarity falling into the air around them, "I would learn later that villanelle had felt the same way."

Dipping out of her momentary state of pure focus, wanda muttered to herself and at the unconscious presence she was waiting for, "well, obviously she felt the same way."

Shrugging it off, she dove back in to the book, "that while working as the Twelve's star assassin had its professional and material rewards, she had began to crave an excitement that routine political murders didn't deliver. She had developed an appetite for danger. She wanted to lure a pursuer onto her trail, someone worthy of her mettle. She wanted to dance on the razors edge. She wanted me. Niko loved me, and I'd always felt the same in his arms, but the games that villanelle played were satanically addictive. It took simons murder to awaken me to the boundless rage her her psychopathy. I hated her after that, which is what she-." 

Unfortunately, moments before she could get caught too deeply in the words of the book, a sound from outside caught her attention. Closing the book and placing it on the bed, she rose from her chair and began making her way over to the door.

It was a gentle and welcoming knock, even though it was out of the blue and unfamiliar. She hoped - in her mind - that by the time she'd open the door, she'd be met with Stephen once again, and that he was there to provide a greater insight into what was happening to y/n.