Chapter 18 - Have fun with lover boy.

"What do you mean, you're not coming over for Halloween?" Milli asks when I tell her about yesterday on Sunday morning. I know that it's in the middle of the night for her, so I don't feel bad for waking her up or something considering she always spends her weekends watching Netflix till sunrise.

"I mean, that my mom won't let me because she apparently doesn't trust me to stay with you." I sigh annoyed and she clicks pause one her show.

"And Mike?"

"He is on her side, but not as rude."

"But-" She cuts herself off and then looks at me like somebody just kicked a puppy in front of her.

"What are we going to do now?"

"I don't know Milli." I answer her, just as bummed out by the situation.

"I can't wait till Christmas to see you 'cause these phone calls are getting on my nerves."

"Yeah you're a pretty annoying person to talk to." I agree with her and she glares at me before laughing.

"See? I want to be able to punch you for comments like that one."

"Then I'd rather not see you at all."

"Hailey Rudes. You are so getting this back once I see you." She threatens me and I give her a grin.

"Cannot wait to see you try."

"Wow. You feel really funny today. What happened to you?" I pretend to think even though I know exactly what has got me so worked up – in a good way - since yesterday.

"I'm always funny." I answer, my voice sounding defensive.

"Right. And I'm the grinch who stole Christmas. Now tell me the truth." She deadpans and I mutter, "I mean, I do see some similarities."

When Milli gives me another look, I sigh and rub my forehead. "I'm going out with Luke later." I admit and she raises her eyebrows.

"Like a date?"

"No, not like a date. Just another round of sight-seeing."

"It doesn't seem like just sight-seeing by your heart eyes." I roll my not heart eyes at her comment.

"I do not have heart eyes for Luke."

"Not yet." She really does get some kick out of teasing me. I do too, but that's not important right now anyways.

"Stop it."

"Fine. But as for right now, I'm happy you haven't snatched the British boy for yourself yet. I would feel pretty single in our friend group." She tells me and I raise my eyebrows.

"Why single? What's with Simon?"

"He is about to get a girlfriend?" She more like asks and I sit up straight.

"He what? That little piece of crap did not tell me a single thing about this."

She rolls her eyes before explaining, "He didn't intend to tell me either. I only found out because I saw her messages on his phone. Accidently."

"Accidently my ass." I say and she smiles.

"I had to!"

"I know you did. Where is he?"

"He's on his date, probably asking her at this very moment."

"This late?" It's past midnight. I never go out on dates this late.

With Luke you do.

My subconscious voice adds and I shake my head to get rid of that thought as fast as it popped up.