Chapter 15 - Can't see what you're referring to.

"Hailey, you know I love you and your moves were incredible, but this is not good." Milli tells me as I roll on my back.

"I know." I came up to my room after I had found out that we students are dismissed for the first two hours because we could not concentrate for shit. I mean - I could have gotten through it since I only drank water yesterday but the others were not so smart or recovered. Guess that's what you get for having teens party in your schoolyard.

"Honest question and honest answer. Do you feel anything for Luke outside of the friendship range?"

"I- I'm not sure." My answer is the most honest it could be. I don't fucking know. When I'm with Luke, I feel like I'm free and living life even though we argue most of the time. Those banters brighten my day more than anything. Well, maybe not more than when I have no homework or get to dance. But at the same time, until last night I never intended or thought about the two of us being anything more than friends.

"I'm-" I swallow, "I'm sure this is just a momentary thing. It will go away soon." I quickly defend myself even though Milli would never judge me in the first place.

"I don't care who you end up with Hailey. I just want you to be happy." She soothes my mind before it can start to run a mile a minute.

"Thanks. God, I can't wait until I see you again." I hug Blacky to my chest, needing to feel closer to her right now than just a regular facetime call.

"Me too. When is your next break?" She asks and I take a moment to answer her.

"Not until another two weeks, I think."

"Have you talked to your mom about flying back?"

I shake my head. "I haven't. I need to do that this weekend."

"Please don't forget. I have huge plans for celebrating Halloween together." Halloween without Milli? That's not an option for us at this point.

"I won't, I promise."

"Good. I'll be counting the days." I laugh at her serious tone and she chuckles as well.

"Anyways. Do you have any other pictures for the hottie you are spending time with?"

I stare at her in shook. "Milli!"

"What? I can't see enough on the video you showed me. I need more material." She explains in 'duh' tone and I raise my eyebrow.

"Material for what, may I ask?"

"For me to approve of him, duh." She rolls her eyes and I do the same.

"You do not need to approve of him because nothing's going to happen between us."

"Who said something about happening between you two? Maybe I want to approve of your friends there as well, considering I am not a fan of Aylin right now."

Shit. This was smart. But so is my change of topic, "It's Amelia. I know what you mean. How can you get so hung up on a guy who only gives you the bare minimum of attention?" I know I sound harsher than I intended to but Milli gets what I mean immediately.

"Yes! But maybe they were together once and that is why she acts like this?"

"It's a possibility. Do you think I should ask him?"

"Of course. I'm hooked up now."

We share a laugh and I sigh. "Look at us. Wondering about what guy had a thing with who."

"I hope you don't mean me with that."

I let out a scream as Luke suddenly stands in my doorway and giving me his famous smirk.