Chapter 11 - Hello Love.

"Oh my God! Just stop eating for once!" I slap Mike's hand away while I try to make us some of my peanut butter swirl brownies.

It's Sunday and he convinced me to fulfil that promise I made not too long ago, which was to cook together. Since Marie did not know what her husband was up to, lunch was already prepared and may I add very delicious, so now we are baking the desert. I mean- that wouldn't be too bad either if this father of mine could stop sneaking bits of the batter into his mouth every five seconds.

"But where's the fun in that?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"Try to have some patience, please. There won't be anything left if you continue to eat it all." I resonate with him while plugging out the mixer.

"I am completely fine with that." And he dips his finger into the bowl once again, resulting in me snatching it away and glaring at him.

"What? I can't help it that you are a gifted baker." He compliments me and I only hold the bowl farther away. I know this trick. I used to do that all the time when Sophia – Milli's mom - made something.

"It will taste even better once it's actually baked." My final words hit and I quickly pour the brown batter into the baking pan. I take a quick look over my shoulder at Mike and put the brownies into the oven before he has the chance to eat something for the hundredth time today.

"Come on. This has to be cleaned as well." I say, washing my hands in the sink.

"Yay." His voice is dripping with sarcasm as he moves towards the dirty kitchen island.

I am not quite sure if it's a good thing for me to already be as comfortable around him as I currently am but I have no intentions in ruining yet another important relationship in my life this soon again. I have done that too many times in the past and like Luke said, I should learn from that experience. Well, those experiences, if we're being honest.

Luke. I don't know what in his mind made him switch his intentions towards me but he's really adamant on that friends thing with me. He even offered to drive me to dance practise yesterday morning and the lazy butt that I am, I obviously said yes. This is a relationship that could grow into something amazing and maybe even helpful for my stay here in London. I mean- I do need friends after all.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Mike asks me while wiping down the marble counter.

"Just wondering if it's good for somebody to get close to another person rapidly fast." I answer in order for him not think that I mean the two of us.

"You mean us?" And there goes my attempt, jumping out the window.

"Not really- well yes a little bit- but.. but more like in general?" I quickly try to express myself in a better way and he nods.

"If it feels right, then it is. There is nothing wrong if you feel like you want to get close to someone and spend time with them even though you don't know each other that long. That's how relationships are build." He explains and I sit down on one of the island stools, swinging my feet back and forth.

"It's just that, it used to take me so long to eventually be friends with Milli and Simon and fully welcome them into my life. Now I am not used to all of that happening so fast. It's a little bit scary." I admit and he raises his eyebrows.

"Why scary? Shouldn't this be a good thing?"

"I don't know. Maybe scary isn't the right word." I fiddle with my fingers, a bit anxious about what he thinks of me now.

"Do you mean uncomfortable?" He asks after thinking for a second and I nod slowly.

"Yes."

"Well, then this means that you are growing, because growth is uncomfortable."