26. THE WEDDING DAY (End)

Start from the beginning

Sam was already dressed up and looked pretty good in his black tux and blue tie that brought attention to his ocean eyes.

Kyle finally calmed a bit, especially after Jenny called, and Sam playfully accused me of wrecking his friend on his wedding day.

*******************************************************

It was only hours before the ceremony, and I was dressed in a sky blue, floor-length dress that was collaborated just for the occasion. All the bridesmaids were dressed just the same and we helped Jenny with some last-minute setting about her wedding dress, veil, makeup and all other things.

It wasn't exactly my area of specialization, hence I stepped out for some air.

The guests have already started to trickle in at this point and the venue was looking even more gorgeous than it ever did, it was decorated with fresh flowers and beautiful lamps, giving an undeniably classy look to the whole setting.

Last-minute details were handled, as mom stood there in her purple dress, looking beautiful as ever, I smiled when she looked at me, and gestured me over, to introduce me to some guests.

After socialising with every person present there, I was more than just tired and the day wasn't even close to ending.

"The lantern decoration turned out really good didn't it?" Mom asked, admiring the handy work.

I looked at the golden lights and agreed. "It looks amazing."

"The blue-white theme somehow fit really well" she commented. "What about you, would you like blue-white or white-gold?" She asked 'inconspicuously'.

"Does it matter?" I said simply, trying not to roll my eyes.

"I'm just asking, you know... for future reference." She smiled, when I didn't return the smile she changed the topic. "Where's Jensen?" She asked, and I shrugged.

"He must be with Jenny...I'm not sure." I answered.

"Well, go get him...I need to introduce him to so many of them..." She was behaving like he was her son-in-law. Figures.

"Sure, I'll go look..." I said, just to escape my mom's 'I'm so happy for you' behaviour. She's been this way since that night.

All my friends did a really crappy job of pretending like they had no idea about mine and Jensen's relationship. But mom didn't notice, I doubt she'd have noticed if the sky fell.

Dad was surprised but was cool about it and Kyle looked straight out confused about the new development but soon got on board, but he was looking at Sam strangely the entire night and I had some ideas what that was about. Mom and Lydia were the happiest and I almost couldn't deal with all their over-enthusiastic questions about; How? When? Where? And all that.

At least she didn't tell us to get married right away. Yet. Although I wouldn't be surprised if she has started planning already, I wouldn't put it past her.

Straight away, I went to look for a certain someone who was going to be the cause of my ultimate demise, and I do not mean it in a sexy way. As soon as I spotted Jensen, I grabbed his arm and dragged him into a secluded corner. He was dressed in his charcoal black suit and a bow tie to match. He looked too good to be true. "Not that I'm not flattered but shouldn't we wait for the ceremony to end?" he joked.

I was glaring, but he just stared at me. His grey eyes brightly lit with humour.

"You're gorgeous." he leaned in closer to press a kiss to my cheek and smiled looking lovingly into my eyes. Suddenly I was trying not to blush.