20. YOU HAVE ISSUES

Chapter 20: YOU HAVE ISSUES

*************************************************

Alex's POV:

*************

Another day wasn't any better, but it was a Monday, there was work to do, and I sat in my office and put my mind to meeting the deadlines. It was better when I had things to focus on.

"You look like death," Will said, as soon as he showed up with scheduled reports. "Believe it or not, I'm being generous when I say that..."

"And I'm willing myself not to punch you, I need to conserve my strength." I said, just as flatly, but mentally frowned at the word 'willing'.

He smirked like he knew what was bugging me and said, "I would suggest a doctor, but I'm well aware that there's no cure for lovesickness."

"Will you stop reminding me, I'm kinda trying to forget that..." And then I groaned, looking away from my screen and at him "Urgh, change your name already!"

His green eyes glinted with amusement, "No, I'm quite habituated with it currently."

"What if I had to say something like: Will will help me with my will. See how complicated that is!" I said off the top of my head.

"The odds of that are quite low." He said simply.

"No, they are not. I just said it!" I frowned.

"Not going to change my name for that..." he turned around to leave my office but continued to speak as he went, "Speaking of names I've cleared your schedule for today, some man whose name was blacklisted was throwing a fit to get entry inside the building, I let him in....you can thank me later."

My eyes widened at his confusing words, but before I could voice any of my questions, he was gone and the door closed behind his sleek black shoes.

What just happened?

Before I could process any of it, my office door was urgently pushed open and in walked Jensen, looking wild with his messy clothes, a bit of stubble shadowing around his chin and wide grey eyes. I stood on shaky legs looking up at him unsurely when he walked around my desk and wrapped me up close, I gasped at the sheer force of his strong arms crushing me against his body.

I never wanted to be in anyone's arms more eagerly, as I folded my own around him and stayed there, feeling content.

We stood like that for minutes, not speaking just holding each other and breathing, he was warm and solid, and I held on, extinguishing any space between us, my forehead came to rest on his shoulder, as I felt the relief and reassurance that came with it.

"God I missed you." He said in his deep husky voice, that tingled my ear and made me shiver.

"I thought you won't come, where were you? I waited..." I voiced my fears, trying not to sound as overwhelmed as I suddenly felt.

He pulled away, but still held on to me, looking at me like he wanted to preserve this moment. "Japan, on a business trip...I came straight from the airport, I wanted to talk to you, but not over the phone... not after how things were last time." He said and I nodded in understanding, the time difference and the flight journey had clearly wreaked havoc on him, he looked like he was barely holding it together, and yet he wanted to put all of that away, "I know you don't want to hear it Alex but-"

"I need you to know, no matter what your decision is..." I interrupted as I stepped away, looking down and hugged myself, trying to retain some heat because I suddenly felt cold "I'm not expecting anything, you can-"