Intro/Chapter 1

Just an Intro really
——————————————————————

Today was a pretty okay day for me. I was busy all day signing things for my high school graduation this June. Which is 3 months away from now. Also to add I am also graduating from community college with a associates degree. It is also in June.

Just woke up from a good night sleep. I didn't feel like getting up and going to school today, but I did either way. I had some breakfast. My mom was heading to work, so she told me goodbye and said "After school I need to talk to you". I replied with "Ok sounds good I'll be here". I was all finished with my breakfast, so I put my plate in the sink. I got my keys to my car and headed out. I just arrived to school and met up with my best friend Joesph. We walked to class.

Class was just finished. Lunch was about to start, so Joseph and I met at the hallway. We decided to go out of campus for lunch. We took my car and headed to McDonald's. I gave Joesph the aux, and we were just singing along to Daddy Issues by The Neighborhood. It started to remind me of my childhood and my father who left when I was 3 years old. I let it get out the way though, but then I started to think of the what my mom wanted to talk to me about after school. I stopped thinking of it once Joesph and I arrived at McDonald's. We ordered drive thru and ate at the park across the street.

I just arrived back to school. I had 2 more classes left for the day. I decided to ditch 6th period. I walked around campus the whole time and Joesph came along. It came time for 7th period which was my Public Administration elective. The teacher told me and 5 other students to stay after class. The teacher was telling the students and I about the internship spot at the university that would give us experience if we wanted to continue with public administration. The internship was also paid, so I thought about it. It meant a lot to be chosen for this. The teacher told me I had until Friday to turn in my application.

I arrived home it was about 4 pm. I made some food and decided to watch Netflix. I kept on thinking of what my mom was gonna ask me and also if I should apply to the internship offer. That's when my mom arrived from work. She told me to sit at the table, so I did. She came over. She told me "I want you to get a job, so you can get experience for your future and also so you can earn money of your own".
I replied with "Ok yeah I have been thinking of it to".

I thought about what my mom told me and she wasn't wrong. I was starting this Fall at UCLA. I would like to get more experience of what I am going to major on. I then decided to fill out the internship application, but it then said I need a resume. That meant I would have to ask my mom. My mom called me to the table to eat dinner. I proceeded to take the application and talk to her about it, then see if she would sign my resume.

I decided to tell my mom about the internship which is at my local university. I said "you know how you said I should get a job, well earlier today my teacher chose me to apply for an internship at the university and it is also paid". My mom was very happy for me. I then asked her if she could sign my resume which she proceeded to do. I was very happy to apply to the internship.