eleven

every great day must come to an end, and so does this one. at least for Lavender. she's just a little girl, so her bedtime came around pretty quickly. before she knows it her father, daniel's bandmate, will be back to pick her up in the morning.

but no toddler, not even lavender, can go to bed without a bedtime story. and how convenient is it that her auntie franny and her uncle dani are some of the best readers in los angeles. now he's giving himself too much credit, but they do actually enjoy it and lav seems to do so too.

they're all sitting on tyler's bed, where lavender has already taken a nap and where she'll be sleeping tonight as well. the girl sits against the headboard, in the middle of the big bed. him and franny sit down at the end, a book in between them, ready to be read.

to their relief, jack has also packed a book that isn't about peppa pig, they've seen enough of that for a whole year. this story is about about frozen, which is actually a pretty fun movie, so the book can't be that bad.

"okay lav, are you ready?"

"yes!"

the little girl claps her hands as her uncle opens the book. at first he's reading in a normal tone, until olaf comes around.

"hi! i'm olaf and i like warm hugs!", he speaks in a funny tone.

lavender bursts out in giggles. and she's laughing even harder when franny starts speaking.

"hi olaf, i'm elsa, i like your nose! it's very orange!"

with saying this, franny boops daniel's nose, which causes a weird tingle underneath his skin. and another stream of giggles from lavender.

the three continue reading the story, occasionally interrupted by laughter from all of them, lavender's the loudest.

"lav, it's really time to sleep now. it's already an hour past your bedtime!"

they try to convince the little girl to go to sleep, but she's only gained energy from the bedtime story.

that plan backfired. daniel's out of ideas, but franny jumps in to save the day once again.

"lav, if we give you a goodnight kiss, will you go to sleep?"

"kiss!"

a smile breaks through on daniel's face. she finally agrees on going to bed! he bends forward and presses a kiss on the little girl's forehead. after he sits up franny does the same.

"time to sleep now baby!"

"kiss!"

franny and daniel exchange a confused look, but she shrugs and bends forward to press another kiss on lavender's forehead.

"good now? sleepy time!"

"kiss too!"

this girl definitely knows what she wants! franny starts laughing as daniel bends down again, to give the toddler another kiss.

"four kisses, i bet daddy never gives you that many! can you sleep now?"

"kiss too!"

daniel and franny are completely confused now. she can't want that many kisses in order to sleep, can she? well, it's worth the shot, she really needs to sleep. he shrugs and bends forward, but he's quickly interrupted by lavender.

"NO!"

let me just say, you guys aren't ready for the next chapter 👀  i'll try to update faster but i keep forgetting it! because i finished the whole story before i even started publishing..