However, his sword did not resurface from the water. He displayed a jianjue stance and repeatedly summoned his sword, yet nothing emerged from the depths. It was as though his sword had been swallowed by the lake, vanishing without a trace. This disciple was around the same age as jiang cheng and the other disciples. His face paled as he realised that his sword was lost. An older disciple who stood nearby spoke. "Su She, we have yet to identify what's in the water, why did you act without permission and cast your sword in?"

Su She seemed taken aback, but his expression remained calm.

Su she: I saw Second Young Master Lan casting his sword in too...

He understood before he finished his sentence how ill-considered his statement was. Regardless of whether it was Lan Wangji or the sword Bichen, both were in a class of their own. Lan Wangji was able to cast his sword into the water when facing an unknown enemy, and still be able to summon it back unscathed. The same could not be said for others. Su She's pale face started to flush in embarrassment, as though he had been humiliated, and looked at Lan Wangji. On the other hand, Lan Wangji didn't spare him a look; his attention was on the water. In a flash, Bichen left its sheath again.

This time, the sword did not plunge into the lake. Instead, the tip of the blade made a jab and fished up a black shadow from beneath the water. A soggy black heap landed on the deck with a thud. Lan xichen looked down and got something , it was actually a piece of clothing.

At this juncture, the fleet had drifted into the middle of Biling Lake. The colour of water was extremely dark, with deep hues of green. Suddenly, Lan Wangji raised his head slightly and said

Lan wangji:  We have to turn back immediately.

Lan Xichen asked: Why?

Lan Wangji replied :The creature in the lake was deliberately leading us towards the center of the lake.

Just as he finished his sentence, everyone felt their boats sink.

Water flooded the boats rapidly. They noticed that the lake was no longer green; it was almost obsidian, especially as they approached the centre of the lake. Without warning, a gigantic whirlpool emerged, and the fleet started to sail in circles as the currents of the whirlpool dragged them along. The more they circled, the closer they were to the eye of the storm; it seemed as though they were about to be swallowed by a colossal mouth!

The sounds of numerous swords leaving their sheaths could be heard, and soon enough, everyone had started to fly on their swords. Jiang cheng was already mid-air when he looked down and spotted Su She, the disciple who had sent his sword underwater. His boat had already been consumed by the Biling Lake, and the water level had risen to above his knees. Fear was written all over his face. Yet he didn't cry out for help, probably because he was scared out of his wits. Jiang cheng bent down, reached out and grabbed Su She's wrist, then dragged him up. 

The additional weight caused the sword to dip abruptly in the midst of rising back up. However, the sword had barely taken off when a sudden force arose from Su She's direction, nearly throwing jiang cheng his sword.

Su She was already half-submerged within the black vortex. As the whirlpool spun faster, his body sunk deeper, as though his feet were being dragged by something lurking underwater.

Su she was freed and jiang cheng went up but again su she was captured by a tendril

Jiang cheng and su ahe were pulled

Wei wuxian's pov:

Wei wuxian was in his inner robe , chenqing and suibian were in their spirit forms