Jiang Cheng : It doesn't look like they drowned someplace else and floated here with the current either. Water spirits know their area, and they usually only stay in the area of the water where they drowned. Very few leave.

Lan Xichen nodded :Correct. Therefore, I sense that this is no small matter and let Wangji come along in case of mishaps.

Jiang cheng : Zewu-Jun, water spirits are very clever. If we row our boats and look for them slowly like this, wouldn't we have to keep looking for them in case they continue to hide underwater without coming out? What if we can't find them?

Lan Wangji : Stop once we find them. It is our duty to the place.

Lan disciple : Catch them just by using nets?

Lan Xichen affirmed and looked at jiang cheng

Lan xichen : Correct. Could it be that the Yunmeng Jiang Sect has a different method?

Jiang Cheng smiled, but didn't answer. Of course the Yunmeng Jiang Sect also used nets, but he and wei wuxian was a strong swimmer and had always jumped into rivers to drag water spirits up directly. This method was too dangerous, and he definitely could not use it in front of the members of the Lan Clan.

Lan xichen lowered his head and happened to see the bottom of the boat Lan Wangji was on. His thoughts churned.

Lan xichen: wangji! Get out of the boat now

Right at that moment, Lan Wangji was focused and on alert, and having heard what was said, he couldn't help but look at lan xichen. However, he saw the water ghoul on the bottom of the boat near his foot.

Lan Wangji lightly leapt onto another boat, avoiding the spray. When the water ghoul jumped on his boat

Yet, lan xichen unstealths his sword and swipe it to the boat of lan wangji in the result of  flipping the boat over onto its side and exposing its bottom. Three water spirits with swollen faces and skin that was deathly white clung firmly to the wooden boards of the boat's bottom! The disciples close by immediately subdued the three of them.

Lan xichen: wangji are you okay?

Lan wangji nods

A disciple yelled: The net moved!

Sure enough, the ropes of the nets suddenly trembled. Jiang cheng was reinvigorated. "It's here, it's here!"

Thick, long hair that was like black silk surged around the sides of the ten boats, and ghastly hands clung to the sides in pairs. Lan Wangji drew his sword from behind him, unsheathing Bichen.

At this moment, in the dark green water of the lake, a long shadow flitted by, circling the boats. After Jiang Cheng had finished cutting at the water spirits on his side, he was still careful about not missing anything. Upon seeing the shadow, he immediately yelled out.

Jiang cheng: It's coming again!

The disciples rowed their boats with the punts, and used their nets to catch the black shadows in the water. Another disciple shouted from a distance, "There's more here!"

Fleeting black shadows appeared near the water surface on the other side of the lake. A few narrow boats glided over swiftly with nets in tow, but they didn't manage to trap anything.
Bichen immediately unsheathed itself from Lan Wangji's back and plunged into the water. A moment later, there was a sharp hiss as it flew out of the lake, drawing a rainbow of water in its path. However, it didn't strike anything.

Lan Wangji gripped the sword in his hand with a grave expression. Just as he was about to speak, another disciple had drawn his own sword, and thrusted at a swift black shadow in the water.