Part 29

It's been three days and Vic is finally with me at this stupid orphanage. I hug Vic when I see him. "I wanna go home I wanna go home now!" I tell him. "I know Stella, me too." It's 10:30 so lights out for everyone. I fall deep asleep.
Dream
"Well Stella, we have some terrible news for you dear..... Matthew was found dead in a ditch, along with Alex. Nick jumped off a bridge and died. Vic has been shipped off to a mental hospital in Maine. And May, well all we know is she ran off somewhere. And guess what, your the only one left, and you'll always be alone!" Cackles Alex's dad. "HAVENT I BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH, HAVENT I?!? MY ENTIRE LIFE WAS RIPPED AWAY FROM ME AND ITS HAPPENING AGAIN!!" I shout. Then Alex's dad takes out the gun, aims and fires. I feel for only a second.
I jolt up, throw on a jacket and creep to the boys half of the house. Girls and boys aren't allowed in the same section after 10:30 but I give no fucks anymore. I locate Vic's room and sneak in. Tiptoeing as quietly as possible I make my way over to Vic's bed, but not before hitting the night table and making a large sound. "Stella?" Vic says groggily. "It was horrible, just horrible, Matt and Nick were both, both." I can't even get the words out without crying. "Come here, sis." He says, scooting over in his bed. I sit next to him, crying, as he hugs me. After about an hour of just bawling, I lay down next to the best little big brother in the entire world, and fall into a dreamless sleep.
"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TWO IN THE SAME ROOM?!?!" yells the caretaker. Shit I meant to wake up and leave... "She's my sister, she had a nightmare, fuck off." Vic answers. After being lectured for twenty minutes about language and assigned extra work to do, we head downstairs for breakfast. The news is on and just when the younger kids are about to change it to Spongebob, the story Vic and I have been praying for comes on.