Chapter 32

The next day was the day of my cousin Ellie's wedding.

It was being held at a fancy events hall downtown and I was super excited for it, but the atmosphere in the house had completely changed after last nights affairs.

After Hailey and I followed everyone into the house, we all ended up staying in the den until late.

Carter was annoyed, as expected, and none of the boys were particularly happy that they'd had security following us around.

I, however, didn't see the harm in it. Of course we need our privacy, but at least they would keep us safe while out of the house.

I spoke to my parents briefly before going to bed, still upset over the fact that they are still keeping secrets from us about the situation, but despite what they say, I somewhat understand why they're doing it.

Everyone's entitled to have secrets, I just wish they would tell us when we're involved.

I wasn't going to hold a grudge against them though, I knew that they'd have enough trouble to deal with with Carter acting out and they didn't need it from me too.

"Sky, are you ready to go? Are you wearing the dress?" Mom shouted from down the hall.

"Yeah, coming Mom!" I said, fixing my bridesmaid dress in the mirror before grabbing my purse and making my way out of my bedroom.

It was a long, pale-blue dress and flattered my figure perfectly with floral lacy accents covering it from top to bottom.

I was thankful that Ellie had chosen these dresses for us as her bridesmaids, seeing as a lot of brides choose the ugliest of dresses to ensure that they look good themselves.

Ellie wouldn't need help with that.

Somehow, Dawn and Matteo have passed on the most attractive genes possible to their children. Both Hailey and Ellie look like supermodels, with their brother Benji being the same way.

I often wonder why I didn't inherit the same genes. I would put it down to their Dad, but it's undeniable that my Auntie Dawn is the most youthful, glamourous 47 year old I've ever met.

"Oh, you look gorgeous!" Mom cooed from the bottom of the stairs beside my Dad and brother.