Chapter 10

Ben reached the apartment he had been looking for. He checked his wrist watch. It was really early. 3:02 am to be specific.

He knocked on the door. He leaned against the door and heard light footsteps.

The door was opened by his true love.

" Ben? what are you doing here? " she asked confused

" I missed you " He pulled her in for a kiss

Mal pushed him away from her.

" What are you doing? are you insane? " she snapped

" Mal? " Ben asked

" What ? " she flung her arms in the air.

" You don't remember, do you? " Ben looked at her

" Remember what? " Mal said quickly losing her patience. It was 3am. She just wanted to go back to sleep.

" Who I am-"

Mal groaned

" I know who you are. I met you at the ball last night "

Ben sighed

" What about our history ? You know that wasn't the first time we met. We are married. We both nearly died in the last year. Our daughter. Adrianna. Don't you remember any of it ? "

Mal put a hand on his shoulder.

" I think you need some rest and if you still are feeling like this in the morning than I will take you to a doctor,  okay? " Mal gave him a sympathetic smile.

" No ! " Ben turned around " I will find a way to break her curse and you will remember.  I promise you that. You never gave up on me and I'm not about to give up on you "

Ben ran off.

Mal looked blankly into space for a few moments before trying to return to sleep which Ben made more difficult.

****

" Today is a very special day. Six months ago, me and my true love tied the knot and got married " Ben started

" Today is a special day not only for our family but for the entire kingdom. We are happy to announce last night my wife and I welcomed the heir into the world. After everything that has happened, our child shall represent hope and happy beginnings. I present to you, our daughter Princess Adrianna Evelyn Adams "

Mal stood at the balcony of Castle Beast holding their baby out to the crowd for everyone to see ( a bit like the lion king haha)

" To Princess Adrianna " Mal announced as they all raised their glasses

" To our Princess Adrianna "

****

Mal jolted up from her slumber. She was so confused; it was obviously just a dream but it felt so real.

Mal was thinking back to what Ben was blabbing on about earlier. She assumed he was drunk and confused but what if there was some truth behind what he was saying?

Mal didn't know what she was going to do but she knew there was one person she needed to see immediately.