25

It had all been a big power play, a game in manipulation, her life that is. Everything before she was four -or more correctly when she got her quirk- was happiness, it had been normal. That was to gain her trust, and it had worked.

And after that, it showed her that she wasn't stronger than them, and that she needed to fear them. It manipulated her more. 

That led to Hanako having a mixed view on her parents before the incident. If someone were to ask her what her parents were like, she'd day "Yeah, they're nice and stuff, pretty average y'know?"

That answer was a lie, half a lie at least; in Hanako's mind that is. Half that answer came from fear, not wanting to tell anyone because she knew what her parents could do, and the other half was from the good memories she had with them. 

It turns out that throughout the years, Hanako's memories of them being cruel had depleted, I mean, she was disassociating throughout most of her bad experiences. And so, in some twisted manner, that could've been what she genuinely thought.

That was until the incident, and every fear, flinch, and terror that her parents had caused her came rushing back to her. The truth hurts doesn't it? But pain is the only way someone can improve with anything, so maybe it was key. Key for what Hanako didn't know, but it had to be important, right? If it wasn't, it wouldn't have happened.

********

Hanako stayed unconscious, in a coma-like state for another day before she was at least somewhat responsive; that being whilst she was pumped full of meds. 

And who else was high on meds? Katsuki. And seeing as both of them were sharing a room, the experiences that they created were rather.... interesting.

"I'm a ghost." Hanako breathed out, her hospital bed at a good angle so that she wasn't sitting up nor laying down. She, unlike a few days ago, no longer had an oxygen mask on, it now being replaced with a nasal cannula (oxygen tube).

"No, you're a demon." Katsuki replied, finishing the last of his yoghurt pot.

"So you think I'm hot?" Hanako mentioned, turning to look at him with a 'you really thought you did something there' look.

"Noo, you're just annoying." There was a part of his drugged up brain that was about to say 'Yes', and that part was very, very annoying. Blame it on the meds.

"That's obvious."

"I was talking about you."

"I know."

Katsuki sighed in confusion, muttering a "What the fuck." under his breath.

"Stop bullying me."

Katsuki gave her an incredulous look "When was I ever bullying you?"

"I don't like that tone of voice you're using." Hanako sighed, looking at the picture of a species of flower on the wall. It was a rather light painting, and Hanako had to stare really hard to try and make out any of the shapes, she could only assume that the artist used really light and similar colours.

"Ex-fucking-cuse me? I can't tolerate you sayin' that stuff after I saved your life."

"Well, technically, I died. So no, you're just gonna hafta tolerate it." Hanako retorted, fiddling with the edge of the blanket that was placed over her legs.

"This is why you're a demon....."

********

Staying at the hospital had been fun, interesting, and painful at times. Of course, Hanako had been shot, and it barely missed her heart at that. Another thing Hanako found rather fun to experience was meeting Katsuki's parents for the first time. They both had been  rather nice and thankfully understanding as Hanako was still on some form of medication most of the time they talked. Hanako approved of Mitsuki's slight insult jokes, much like how she approved of her son, they were really similar. And Hanako also appreciated Masaru's calmness, it helped balance out the three demons in the room.