lxvii. Holy Hera

Magsimula sa umpisa

Like he did. Percy bit his lips at Thalia's words and stared at the girl, not knowing how to respond. He didn't know the entire story about how Luke Castellan, the golden boy, had rejected Annabeth but Percy knew that it had deeply affected Annabeth and broke her heart. Literally.

"Thalia, I would never—" Said Percy, causing Thalia to put a finger up, stopping him.

"Let me finish, Kelp Head," Thalia interjected, "I was afraid that Annabeth would get her heart broken again by another idiot so I was a bit hostile toward you—Not to mention, we got off to a bad start."

Percy laughed, remembering how he met Thalia at his mom's workplace in November without knowing that it was Thalia, Annabeth's best friend. They had gotten into an argument about blue food, and his mom had to step in. He had thought that Thalia was a bit of a jerk. While Thalia thought of him as an idiot. Oh, how far they had come.

"Haha, I remember, it was about blue food," Chuckled Percy, then boldly added, "Blue food is still superior, Thalia."

Thalia furrowed her eyebrows, and she narrowed her electric blue eyes on Percy, causing him to move his chair back a bit. Then she sighed and shook her head, "I won't argue with you on that—"

A smirk formed on Percy's face, and Thalia glared at him—He quickly dropped his smirk and picked up his coffee cup. Though Percy knew that Thalia had a soft spot (aka Estelle), that didn't mean that the black-haired girl was still scary in his eyes.

"Anyways, the more time I spend in New York," Said Thalia, then slowly said, "I'm growing fond of you, Kelp Head."

"Huh," Said Percy though a small smile played at the corner of his lips. "You sure that you're not just fond of me because of Estelle?"

"That too," Said Thalia, cocking her head to the side. "But, no, you'll never hear these words ever again from me but I like you, Percy, and I know that you'll treat Annabeth like a princess."

"I will," Nodded Percy. "I will treat her like the princess she is, Thalia, don't worry."

Thalia didn't say anything to his response and sat upright, clasping her hands. She narrowed on Percy's, and he scooted his chair closer to the table with a neutral expression. Annabeth's grey and pink bracelet glistened in the light.

"Percy, I have known Annabeth ever since we're little so her happiness means a lot to me," Said Thalia sternly. "I know that you make her happy and that's why I gave you my approval today but—Why are you smiling?"

Something had softened in Percy's eyes, and a small smile formed on his face despite Thalia about to lecture him. The conversation was almost like Percy asking Annabeth's father for his blessings but wasn't really—It was like more asking Thalia for her blessing to marry Annabeth.

"No reason," Said Percy, shaking his head. "Continue on, Thalia."

Thalia narrowed her eyes on Percy and said, "So, if you ever break her heart or make her sad, I will not hesitate to break your rib cage and I'm not joking."

"Alright," Nodded Percy. "I will never break her heart—It's something I will never do."

"Alright," Said Thalia, glaring at Percy. "I'm going to hold you to your words, Percy Jackson, if I come back during fall and you guys are broken up—"

"Thalia Grace," Said Percy, amused, cocking an eyebrow. "Are you saying that Annabeth and I's marriage is going to last four months?!"

Thalia's eyes widened, and she quickly shook her head. She said, "No! I was just saying that if—"