Chapter Forty-Five

Start from the beginning

The walk home past by faster than usual, but that could have been down to my thoughts being elsewhere. I wasn't focused the entire walk home. I had managed to get beeped at more times than I'd be willing to admit for idly walking infront of passing traffic. If it wasn't for Matts's kindness to drop me home. I'm pretty sure I wouldnt have died.
Jenna must have been out as well as Jeremy and Elena because the house was earily silent. Not that it bothered me much. It was a rare occasion that I managed to get the house to my self -not that I had much to do when that happened.
So I just walked up the stairs to my bedroom and got into the shower. I needed to clean Damon off of me if I was ever going to be able to focus right again.
I had the water as hot as my body could bare and it rained down on me soothingly. The small droplets repetitivly hitting my skin felt nice. I had always been a big fan of showers. Prefered them over baths anyday. Elena wasn't the same. I hate having to share a bathroom with her and Jeremy. He wasn't too bad, although his bladder must be in completely in sync with my Showering routine because every single time i'm in the shower normally, he's banging on the door complaining that he needed a pee.

When the water started turning cold I got out of the shower and got dressed. I tossed my dirty towel into the hamper by the door and walked back into my bedroom only to come to a halt when my eys locked onto Stefan sitting on my bed looking through a handful of photgraphs.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
He jumped slightly, as if he didn't hear me enter. The images fell from his hands onto the bed and he twisted around to face me. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to invade your privacy like this. I knocked something and they fell out." He gathered up the fallen photographs and went to put them back where he found them but paused.
"I do have to ask though," he turned around holding the pictures out to me. "What's going on here?"
I took the photos out of his hands and looked down at them. My cheeks flared embarresingly at the memory. The top image was of me sitting down on the floor in a revolving door, near tears, banging my hands against the glass. Hollee was in the picture too, but she was stood on the out side, posing, pointing at me, laughing.
A chuckle slipped from my lips as I remembered it vividly. I looked up at Stefan who was smiling down at me. "It's a long story." I warned.
"I've got time."
I moved to sit on my bed, leaning up against the headboard. I patted the space beside me and Stefan sat down.
"You have to promise me not to laugh."
I seemed Stefan was already having trouble with that. "I promise." He said around a growing grin.

"It was a few months before my parents died, I'd gone to visit Hollee in London and she had this big important meeting to go to. She decided that she was going to drag me along..."
"Are you sure that you want me there? Won't they get a bit annoyed that you have this American teenager with you? Do you think our age gap is weird? What if-"
"Bloody hell!" Hollee exclaimed cutting off my rambling. "No wonder your parents said not to have too much sugar. I'll listen to them next time."
I looked at her. "You never listen to my parents."
"Yeah well this proves that I should start." She mumbled, pulling her bag higher up on her shoulder.
"You're worried." I obsereved.
"No i'm not. What would give you that idea?" Hollee denied.
I reached forward and grabbed her hand that was hanging limply at her side. "You've been tapping your thigh the whole walk here."
Hollee glanced down and let out a breath. "Okay," She admitted. "I'm a tad bit worried."
I let go of her hand and smiled up at her. "Well you shouldn't be. You're gonna be awesome."
Hollee smiled back and came to a stop in front a extremely tall building. It was a mix between a modern looking building and an older one. There were constant floods of people leaving and going inside. I was actually beginning to wish I stayed back at her house. I'm sure her little brothers wouldn't mind my company.
"Please say we're not going in there." I said, looking at the intimidating building.
"I can't."
I bit my lip. "At least tell me we don't have to go to the top floor."
"We don't have to go to the top floor." She repeated easily.
I let a sigh of relief. "Just the floor beneath it." She added afterwards.
I froze and then turned to glare at her. "You did that on purpose!" I accused.
She faked innocence. "What? I would do no such thing."
I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, lets just get in there."
Hollee chuckled beside me and linked her arm with mine, pulling me over to the door, but I paused before going inside. I pulled my arm out of hers and walked over to the side a few steps. "Can we go in this way?"
"You want to use a revolving door?"
"Obviously! I've never been in one before." I couldn't help the excitement that was growing. It was so much cooler than walking in a normal door. I didn't wait for Hollee to reply and pushed the door, following it as it started twisting around. No one else was coming in or out of it, so I had it completely to myself. I turned back to grin at Hollee who's eyes had widened and she hurried through the other door to meet me at the end of this one. But something went wrong and the door locked into place only halfway around. It just stopped, causing me to walk straight into the glass rather hard and bounce back.
"Ouch."  I muttered, rubbing my head.
Hollee was on the other side of the glass laughing hysterically. Her bag was hanging off of her hand as she was bent over laughing. Other people had stopped walking as well watching. Some shook their head dissapprovingly and other just happened to be laughing as well. I gave the glass a shove trying to get it to move, but nothing. It just creaked.
"Hollee?" I said, wearily as I looked around before looking back at her. "I think it's broken."
Hollee was having a hard time keeping it together as she watched me push and pull the door. But nothing was working. It just remained where it was.
"I think it's broken!" I repeated a bit more frantically.
Hollee swallowed back her laughter and came over to the glass. "Don't worry." Was all she said.
I stopped and glared at her. "'Don't worry?' I'm stuck in a fucking moving door and you're telling me not to worry?"
She bit ber lip. "Maybe you should have paused to read the sign outside."
"What...What sign outside?"
Hollee snorted. "The one that says, 'Out of service, use manual doors.'"
All the colour drained from my face. "Are you serious?"
She nodded, grinning widely. "Yeah, I tried to tell you."
"No! No you didn't!"
She shrugged. "I was going to but you didn't give me time."
I clenched my jaw. "Doing it and going to go it are completely different things!" I pushed the door hard and nothing.
"Holleeee!" I whined. "Get me out of here!"
Hollee patted the glass. "I'll go and get someone to get you out."
"Okay." I said with a sigh.
People were still staring. The same people who had obviously seen the sign and thought I was  a complete idiot... And I don't usually call myself names but I really am an Idiot sometimes.

It felt like hours before Hollee had come back with what looked like a janitor in tow. Although this time she had her phone out as as soon as she was close enough she lifted it up and a bright light  came out of the back temporarily blinding me.
"D-Did you just take a picture of me?" I asked disorientated.
"Yup."
The janitor came closer mumbling somethings under his breath and from the annoyed look he was giving me I can already tell it wasn't anything pretty.
He had bent over to look at some mechanical things at the bottom and again the flash went off. I scowled. "Stop photographing this!"
"Nope. It's not like you can stop me at the moment."
I grounded my teeth together. "I'm going to kill you when I get out of here."
"I've heard that before and I still feel pretty alive." Hollee chuckled and my growing red face. "And if I were to turn up dead tomorrow, the janitor would know who did it."
I shrugged. "Then I'd kill him too."
His head shot up to look at me. My hand flew up into the air in surrender. "Joke! I was joking!" I said instantly.
He didn't seem to believe me and I think he was contemplating leaving me in here to die. I moved over to the furthest part of the little segment I was trapped in and beckoned Hollee over. She rolled her eyes but complied. "I think he's going to kill me!" I whispered loudly to her.
The janitor dropped the tool he was using and stood up, glared at me and walked off. I watched after him, mouth dropped open and my eyes wide. He was actually leaving me in here!
"I'm sorry! Don't leave me! Come back!" I cried after him but he didn't turn back at all.
My hands where pressed up against the glass and my face was smushed  up as well. I watched his retreated back in disbelieve.
I was broken out of my trace by Hollee's burst of laughter. "You just scared off your only chance of getting out!"
"I'm goinfng to iudofuogj" I mumbled, the glass muffling my words.
"I'm sorry, what was that?" Hollee questioned with a grin. She knew what I was trying to say. She was not helping this situation at all.
I'm never leaving the house with her ever again. And i mean ever.

I slid down the glass until I was sittin. My knees pulled up to my chest. "I hate you."
Again the flash went off.  I ignored it and Hollee chuckled at that.
I turned my head to face her. "You're smart. Can't you get me out of here?"
"I studied Law, Lillie. How would this help?"
A thought hit me and I brightend up. "Can you help me sue them?"

Hollee sighed. "You'd lose the case."
"What? Why?
This is their fault!"
"No," Hollee denied. "This is on you. They left a sign outside, you were just dumb enough to not see it."

"Well the sign wasn't big enough." I said childishly, crossing my arms over my chest.
A sharp intake of breath came from Hollee and I looked over at her questioningly. She grinned and looked around.
"Excuse me!" She called to a passing business woman. The woman paused as looked our way. Hollee gestured her over. "Hi, sorry to be nuisence, but would you mind taking a picture on my phone for me?"
The woman nodded and accepted the offered phone. Hollee walked over to stand infront of the the glass, making sure not to block me out. "What the hell are you doing? I'm not trapped here for you amusement!" I shouted, glaring at Hollee's back.
She ignored me, so I started banging my fists against the glass, this did nothing but make her laugh. The woman holding the phone couldn't contain her laughter either. I couldn't tell what Hollee's facial expression looked like but he hand her thumbs pointing over her shoulder at me.
The flashed went off and the Woman started laughing harder.
"I'm repeating it again; I hate you." I huffed.