Chapter 7: Family

One week later...

"Mich this one you're packing where are you going?" Asked Anna.

"Oh! Anna dear I just got a call from my mom. She said I should come home immediately because she has a surprise for me, that's why am rushing so I'll know if I'll be able to come back today". Answered Mich while stuffing her things in her small handbag

"Oh that was so sudden but either way safe journey". Anna said hugging Mich. As she was about to go to the kitchen.

"Uhm Anna please come and help me am having a decision problem". Mich said holding two. dresses and looking at the mirror. "The red or the black one". She asked.

Anna thinks for a while"I'll prefer the red one". She said.

"Oh girl, because red is your favourite huh! Anyways thanks". She wore the red dress, applied her quick make-up and carried her bag.

"Anna am off to go!". She called out from the verandah

"Okay baby have fun, stay safe and send my greetings to Stephenson. Love ya". She shouted back from the kitchen.

"I'll dear, love you too". With that much left.

*****   *****   *****   *****   *****

"Hey Mom, hi Dad, what's up with you guys, is today a holiday and I didn't get to know about it?". She asked rolling her eyes.

"Oh come on baby. Welcome home. It's been a long you know". Helina, Michelle's mom said while going to the kitchen.

Michelle hasn't visited home since the incident in march (the horrible breakup with Patrick). Six months of not seeing her mom and probably 1 year of not seeing her Dad.

"It's been a while indeed. I miss you guys. You know am always busy with school work and stuff coupled with the fact that am almost in my final year. The stress is much now".

She said looking at the ground, lying isn't her thing but she has to, that's the only option at the moment to avoid meddling with the past.

"Oh don't worry baby I and your dad understands ok". Said helina in a soothing voice. Michelle let out a weak smile and looked over at her father who is busy with his laptop not even taking notice of his daughter's presence.

"Uhm, where's Mira? haven't seen her for almost a year now". She asked looking around. The last time she saw her sister was last year December during Christmas.

"Oh she isn't back from school I guess". Said Mr Stephenson not looking up from his laptop.

"Oh" that was all she could say. She took her bag with her upstairs to her room. Opening the door she's welcomed by the warm temperature of the room.

It used to be she and Mira's when they were younger but Mira now has her room. She dropped her bag and lay on the bed. Letting out a sigh of relief. "It's good to be home. I missed this room though".

A few minutes later...
Michelle's mom called her downstairs for lunch. As she was coming down the stairs she was shocked by the sight in front of her.

Standing right in front of her was her only brother Michael with a smirk. She was shocked and lost in words.

Imagine how painful sweet it is to finally see your older brother after five years and. "Oh my God, who am I seeing". Shouted Michael as he ran to embrace his sister.

Michelle started crying. Tears of joy of course. "I missed you so much, big bro". She finally found her voice.

"I missed you too little sis". Said Michael as he kissed her on her forehead.