6 - Her Truth Hurts...

Chisa's POV

"Chisa!"

Someone's calling my name. With difficulty, I tear my gaze away from Chise, and stare blankly at the creature who called my name. It's a black dog, with crimson eyes and a really long, silky tail. I know this dog...

"Chisa! It's Ruth. We're here now. I promise everything will be okay. Oh no... you're bleeding... Chisa! Please talk to me!"

Ruth... Chise's familiar... big brother...

"You have no right to treat her like this!"

Chise's harsh tone shifts my focus back to her. She's clearly just gotten out of bed; her red hair is messy and she's wearing a black top and grey shorts. She looks normal... But her green eyes are ice cold and she's pinning Joseph to the wall... several feet off the ground.

I gulp, biting my lip as my fear grows.

Is this really Chise?

It... can't be...

Chise could never be this... violent...

"Look at her! How could you be so cruel?!"

Yet here she stands, a few paces in front of me, her clawed limb pinning Joseph against the wall. Her face is contorted with rage and fire burns in her eyes.

She's scaring me... my twin is scaring me...

The sound of Joseph coughing draws my attention back to him: "You should know by now, little girl, you shouldn't trust an Alchemist." He rasps, the strength I previously saw in him vanishing. "Besides, I was merely taking back my property. Chisa knows who she belongs to."

His stormy eye darts back to lock with mine. I whine, shaking my head frantically. Using whatever energy I have left, I push myself up with my bruised elbows, ignoring the pains that flares all over my body. But it hurts so much - I thought the saw scenario was the worst... But I can't even breathe properly because of the agony right now. I start to shuffle backwards, eager to put more space between myself and my abuser.

"Chisa!" Ruth whines, worry evident in his tone. But I ignore him, unwilling to listen to reason.

Sharp, stabbing pains shoot all over my body, making me wince and hiss. At my weak protests, Chise focuses her hardened gaze on me. I shudder, feeling my heartbeat increase as my anxiety mounts. I try to shuffle back quicker, but my back suddenly connects harshly with the wall.

I cry out in agony, tears streaming down my cheeks. I look at Chise again, fear evident in my pain-filled eyes. Chise's orbs soften, and a worried look creeps onto her face. Her eyes fill with tears and she abruptly lets go of Joseph, sending him tumbling to the floor with a loud thud.

"Was that really necessary?" Joseph wheezes.

Chise's eyes harden again: "Shut up Joseph - look at her!" Chise's voice cracks. "What have you done? Chisa? Sister, it's okay! I'm here now." Tears spill from her eyes as she hurries over to me.

I should be relieved. Relieved that she's here, here to save me, to protect me. But... I'm afraid... she's advancing towards me... with that clawed limb...

She's going to hurt me!

I instantly stretch my arms out in front of me, waving them frantically: "No! S-Stay back! Don't t-touch me! Pl-please don't hurt me!"

Through my impaired vision, I see Chise stop dead in her tracks. My good eye is fixed on her clawed arm. The talons look razor sharp and I flinch, feeling my heartbeat spike.