Chapter 16

Meanwhile back in the ETF office Shree told everyone about Ayesha and the mystery man, and him following Ayesha since the last couple of weeks.

"Shree agar tumhe Ayesha pe koi doubt tha toh tumhe usse pooch lena chahiye tha. Iss tarah Ayesha pe ilzaam lagana thik nahi tha. Woh hamare team ki one of the best officers hai." Liza spoke trying to make Shree understand that he had made a mistake.

"Liza main kuch bhi bana ke nahi bol raha hu. Wahi bol raha hu joh maine dekha and notice kiya.Also maine kai baar Ayesha ko poochne ki koshish ki. But usne kabhi kuch nahi bataya."

"Sit I think hume iss baare mei acchi tarah se investigation karni hogi. Kahi aisa na ho, ki hum ek achhi officer ko kho de." Riya expressed her opinion to Rathod

"You're right Riya. Hum iss ke baare mei investigate karenge. I hope Ayesha ne aisa kuch na kiya ho. Main DIG sir se baat karta hu investigation shuru karwane ke liye. Tab tak ke liye saare cases suspend kiye jaate hai. Ans system database bhi lock karwaya jayega, taaki aur information leak na ho." Rathod added

Saying that he left the conference office to see the DIG. And Arjun took charge of the team and asked them to leave for their houses as they had no case and the next couple of days would be free for them. The entire team left and Arjun took Riya along with him to drop her.

While driving back home, Riya looked quite lost and Arjun decided on asking her about the reason for her demeanor.

"Riya, kya hua? Kahi khoi khoi si lag rahi ho?"

"Ayesha ke baare mei soch rahi hu Sir. Mujhe nahi lagta Ayesha aisa kuch kar sakti hai."

"Lagta toh mujhe bhi nahi hai Riya. I feel ki Shree ne bahut jaldi conclusions form kar liye apne dimaag mei. Usse soch samajh ke Ayesha se baat karni chahiye thi."

"Sir I feel ki iske baad hamare team mei differences create ho jayenge. I fear ki Ayesha gusse mei kuch kar na baithe."

"Nahi Riya. Ayesha samjhdaar hai. Woh kuch nahi karegi. But ha, differences zaroor create honge."

The entire team spend the couple of days that followed in utter dismay and fear of the probable outcomes. No one wanted Ayesha to turn out to be a traitor. And for some reason they knew Ayesha could not do something like this. Shree on the other hand feared Ayesha's reaction after all of this would be sorted. All he wished for was Ayesha to forgive him. And he knew this was far away from possible. But he would try. Meanwhile Ayesha was looking for ways she could get her revenge, and let the team know bout their wrong doings. No way could they accuse her and get away with it. They had to pay for it. And they only way she could think of was.........

She got up and dialed a number and waited for the person to answer her call.

"Hello, Ayesha Kapoor this side. Sir mujhe aapse ek favour chahiye..."

"Haa bolo, Ayesha..."

"Sir mujhe..."

"Ayesha Are you sure tum yeh karna chahti ho?"

"Yes Sir, I am 100% sure."

"Okay. Main dekhta hu."

Ayesha knew for a fact that what she was doing would cause a never filling rift in the ETF team but for her her self worth was way more important and she was going to show each and every member of the team what her self worth was. What she was worth of. And the team was going to regret big times doubting her.

It had been a week since the team was being investigated. Everybody was worried as to what will this investigation result in. On the other hand Ayesha was worried about an all together different thing. It had already been a month he left and he hadn't returned back until now. The possibilities of him not returning sent chills down her spine. He was someone Ayesha valued a lot in her life, Someone who was very important to Ayesha. She was lost in his thoughts when suddenly her phone rang displaying the number of the DIG.

"Good Afternoon Sir."

"Good Afternoon officer. I need you to report in my office as soon as possible."

"Okay Sir. I'll be there."

With that she stuffed her cell phone in her pocket and made her way to the headquarters. Reaching there she saw the entire ETF team standing there. Glancing her way towards the team standing there she made her way towards DIG's office. Knocking she requested to let her in. The entire team followed her from behind. The DIG asked Rathod and Arjun to have a seat to which they politely refused.

"So investigation complete ho chuki hai. Loop hole team mei se hi koi nikala hai. It is a junior officer Tanmay. Team ko waapis apni position lene ke liye ek official letter bahut jald Rathod ko mil jayega. Phir tum sab dobara se officially cases par kaam shuru kar sakoge."

Everybody heaved a sigh of relief knowing that it wasn't Ayesha. Shree looked at Ayesha and he knew for a fact that the damage is now done, and no damage control can help him.

"Mere paas tum logo ke liye ek aur news hai. Tum sabko ek raid ke liye nikalna hoga abhi. Ayesha tum bhi team ko accompany karogi, kyunki tumhare usspar joh accusations lage hai, woh galat saabit hue hai."

"Lekin Sir..."

"Main jaanta hu Ayesha ki tumne higher authorities se transfer ki request ki hai, but iss waqt iss raid mei tumhari zaroorat padegi team mei. Also bahut jald ek high profile case ETF ko transfer hone waala hai. And uske liye shayad tumhe ETF ke saath hi work karna hoga."

"Okay Sir."

The entire team stood numb with the mention of Ayesha. They knew that Ayesha was impulsive and she would be disappointed in them but a transfer was out of their reach. One small mistake from their side had done some serious damage.