Chapter 3

The next followed with the trio of Riya, Chotu & Shree, coming to office early and engrossing in work diligently not wanting to piss off their ever so angry bosses again. Within a short span of time they completed most of the paperwork, & were then sipping on their coffee when the gate to the conference room opened, revealing their bosses. taking their respective seats, all of them engrossed themselves in work. Rathod was a bit surprised by the sudden change in behavior of his team when suddenly his brain reminded him of yesterday's incident. Unknown to him a small smile made up it's way to his lips, thinking about the innocence that filled up his officers. Although they were a part of the most elite team of Mumbai, and they were the best in their work, but yet all the three of them were just kids at heart. As pure as snow. His only goal in life as a police officer was to wipe out crime from the nation. But somewhere as a human his only aim was the safety of his officers. His team meant the entire world to him, his immediate family. Hs heart always voiced itself in favour of his team, and the mere thought of someone hurting them would scare him to death. He never showed what he felt towards his team but all of them somewhere knew about his care, and concern. Such was their chief ACP Sameer Rathod. Coming out of his thoughts he focused on his work when a new face made way into the conference room.

All heads shot up in the direction from where the new faces came in. One of the faces made Shree go berserk.

"Lizard tu!!! If by change you have forgotten the way let me remind you, This is the ETF Headquarters and not a zoological park. You don't belong here."

Ignoring the blabbering kid, She turned her head towards the rest.

" I am looking for ACP Rathod."

"Yes. I am ACP Sameer Rathod."

"Sir. I am Liza D'cruz. The new forensic Analyst. DIG Sir ne aapko bataya hoga mere join kerne ke baare mei."

"Oh yes. Welcome to the team Liza. Yeh hamari poori team hai. That's ACP Arjun Suryakant Rawte, the second in command, yeh hai Riya mukerjee, hamari research specialist, chotu hamara commando hai, and...

"Specky Sen. Mr. Hacker" Chirped Liza looking at Shree.

"Oh hello. Do baatein. Pehli mer naam Specky Sen nahi Shreekant Sen hai. Aur doosri, Main hacker nahi, tech expert hu."

"Ya ya. Wahi tech expert jisne college mei principal ko 'I LOVE YOU' ka email bheja tha. Right"

That one statement from Liza made everyone look at Shree in utter amusement. While some tried to process whether they heard the correct information, some of them had a hard time suppressing their laugh.

"Anyways. Welcome to the team Liza. I hope tumhe hamare saath kaam karke achha lagega."

"Sure sir. Main khud is team ke saath kaam karne ke liye excited hu."

Meanwhile, something clicked Arjun and she decided to ask Rathod about it.

"Rathod , ETF ko do naye officers join karne waale the. Second kaun hai."

"Main."

Suddenly everybody turned to the gate to receive the biggest surprise of their lives. All uttered unanimously.

"Tum?"

"Haa Main. Senior Inspector, Ayesha Kapoor"

"Lekin tum toh Nadiya ho na." Shree spoke trying to clear his confusion.

"Nahi. Mera asli naam Ayesha hai. Main ek undercover cop banke drug mafia ke gang mei shaamil hui thi. Aur isilye mine apna naam Nadiya rakha."

"Oh. Welcome to the team Ayesha."

"Main Arjun Suryakant Rawte hu, Yahaan ka second in command. Rathod is team ka chief hai. Aur yeh baaki ki team."

"Thank you sir."

"Sir this is my joining letter."

Meanwhile Arjun just took a glance at the new team mates and then left towards his cabin. Simultaneously Rathod, received a phone call and left the conference room.

It wasn't long when Ayesha, and Liza had joined the team, but they gelled up with the team really well. It felt like they had been a part of the ETF since long. All the members of the team bonded really well. Be it helping each other when in need, or pulling each others legs, they did everything together. Never did they hide something from each other. Be it Chotu's 11:30 Departmental store girl, or Shree's email fiasco, they knew almost everything about each other. Looking at them nobody would say that they are police officers. On duty they were the best in everything, but off duty, they were the best of friends. Life seemed to be flying with them on their terms. Every thing seemed to be perfect. But the happiness, and calmness in their life was just the silence before the storm. And the storm was soon to hit them with the only intention of wrecking each and everyone of them.