Chapter 15

Shree had come behind Ayesha to check whether she needed something as she had just left the office all of a sudden shocking them all. But what he saw was out of his wits to understand. 'Who was that man? What was his relation with Ayesha? Why did Ayesha not mention him to anybody of them? Why did they hug each other? Were they seeing each other? Are they dating?'

Keeping his thoughts aside he left the parking to reach the office before Ayesha, so that she doesn't doubt him hearing her conversation. Ayesha soon reached the conference office and very smoothly douched all the questions that came her way making sure she did not mention the mystery man she just met. Seeing her lie made Shree doubt her even more but he did not voice out his suspicion. He thought of confirming his doubts before confronting Ayesha. He was sure to have his eyes set on Ayesha now.

The following days Shree made sure to follow Ayesha where ever she went. He would even urge her to drop her home and Ayesha's polite denials kept strengthening his doubts and suspicion on her. He would try to ask her about the man and their relation indirectly but Ayesha would always dodge the discussion very cleverly. After all staying undercover had some perks. Doing that she had become a master of skillfully dodging conversations she did not want to be a part of. It was about 3 weeks from that incident when all of them were sitting in their cubicles and the bosses where in their cabins. They were free at the moment because of absence of any case. It was when he was thinking of Ayesha when Rathod came and asked all of them to report in the conference room. The look on Rathod and Arjun's face told the team that there was something serious going on.

"Kya hua Sir. Apne hume iss tarah achanak kyu bulaya? Is there a case?" Ayesha asked looking at Rathod.

"Nahi Ayesha koi case nahi hai. But yeh baat case se bhi zyaada important hai. We have a loop hole. Humare team mei ek loop hole hai. Pichle kuch dino se hamare team aur system ka kaafi saare confidential data leak hua hai. Investigate karne par pata chala ai ki hamari team mei se koi hai joh data leak kar raha hai." Rathod informed the team.

As soon as Rathod finished speaking Shree's head turned into Ayesha's direction. All the things that were happening from the past 3 weeks played in his mind and his first suspicion of the traitor landed on Ayesha. Everyone looked stunned at the sudden revelation. None of them expected someone from their team to be a traitor.

"But Sir kya yeh information correct hai?"

"Tum kehna kya chahti ho Ayesha?"

"Sir main toh bas pooch rahi hu, ki joh bhi information mili hai woh verified hai ya nahi? I mean hum sab itne time se saath mei kaam kar rahe hai. Hum mei se koi aise harkat nahi kar sakta hai."

"Yeh tum keh rahi ho Ayesha?" Shree spoke up startling everyone.

"Tumhara matlab kya hai Shree?"

"As if tum jaanti nahi ho ki main kya keh raha hu.."

"Shree baate mat ghumao. Seedhe seedhe bolo, kya kehna chahte ho?"

"Okay. Seedhe seedhe kehta hu. Woh tum hi ho na, jisne information leak ki hai."

Everyone was startled hearing the allegation Shree was hurling at Ayesha.

"Shree yeh tum kya keh rahe ho? Ayesha aisa kyu karegi?" Riya spoke trying to decipher the meaning of Shree's words.

"Yeh toh hume Ayesha se hi poochna hoga Ri. Ki woh aisa kyu karegi?"

"Shree maine yeh kaam nahi kiya hai. Aur waise bhi tumhare paas kya saboot hai joh tum mujhpar ilzaam laga rahe ho?"

"Peechle 3 hafto se tumpar nazar rakh raha hu main. Maine tumhe parking mei kisi se milte hue dekha tha. Uske baad bhi jab bhi kabhi uss insaan ke baare meu tumse poochne ki yaa baat karne ki koshish ki gayi toh tumne baad to taal diya. Aur peechle kuch weeks se main tumhe notice kar raaha hu. Tumhare behaviour kaafi change ho gaya hai."

"Shree!!!!"

"Ab chup kyu ho? Batao kaun tha woh?"

"Shree main apni personal life aur professional life alag rakhti hu. Aur main apni personal life mei kisse milti bu iska ETF se koi lena dena nahi hai."

"Par woh aadmi tumhe ETF ke parking mei mila tha. Iska matlab uska ab ETF se lena dena hai."

"Ek min Shree. Ayesha Shree kis aadmi ke baare mei baat kar raha hai? Rathod quizzed.

"Sir woh meri personal life hai. Main nahi bata sakti."

"Ayesha tumhare aisa karne se tumpar doubts strong hoga"

"Rathod sir... Aapko bhi yehi lagta hai ki kaine yeh kiya hai?"

"Ayesha main woh nahi keh raha hu. Lekin agar tum humse baat chupaaogi toh shak tumpar badhega. Investigation tumhare taraf divert ho jayegi."

"Toh theek hai. Aap log kariye apni investigation. Saari sachhai aapke saamne aa jayegi. Agar mere khilaaf aap logo ko ek bhi saboot mil gaya, toh main khud apne aap ko kanoon ke hawaale kar dungi."

"Ayesha..."

Before Rathod could stop Ayesha she had barged out of the conference room with a stern look on her face. She had never expected her team to doubt her intentions. She had always given her everything to this team and it was this team that doubted her intentions. She did not mind revealing the man's name she met in the parking to them. But what was the point in doing that when the did not trust her altogether. When Shree accused her of being a spy and a traitor, not once did anybody speak up in her defense. Was the bond that they shred so weak? Was it all they knew about her. I is said that while working with someone for a long time, you start understanding the way that person functions. You start understanding their values. Is it all they could understand about her. She had always been ready to sacrifice her life for her nation. How could they think that she would get sold? Sometimes some wounds affect your heart to a drastic level. And this was one of those. The revelation of having a traitor, and the accusation on Ayesha had formed a rift between the team which would prove to be very lethal in the days to come. This was just the beginning of what destiny had in store for them.