Chapter 2

The environment at the ETF office today was a lot different than what is normally would be. Disappointment prevailed in the entire premises. Heads hung down, and silence ruled the wrecked hearts. Every body just wondered what went wrong and where? They were this close to their destination and now every thing feels like they've landed at the same point from where they began. Things seem to go in circles all along. Their suffering doesn't seem to end, their pain doesn't seem to diminish. All of them had lost something or someone and yet destiny demanded more maybe. Arjun lost Roshni, Sameer lost Ayesha, the team lost their dear friend, their happiness, their peace and yet nothing seemed to fall in place. They could see their confidence dwindling little by little, bit by bit, piece by piece. How quick their lives had changed in the span of last 1 year. About a year ago, they were happy living their lives to the fullest and here they are now, wondering where destiny was taking them. Time seemed to have frozen giving them enormous pain and there seemed to be nothing they could do about it. Their helplessness stood in front of them mocking them, they could feel the victims in front of their eyes demanding justice. They could feel their last ray of hope vanishing in thin air. And that's when their minds started playing their memories in front of their closed eyes like a movie....

1 YEAR AGO:-

"Shree.... Shree ruko. Kahaan bhag rahe ho? Ruko. Tumhe toh aaj main chodungi nahi. Aaj Tumhare wajah se mujhe kitni daant padi hai."

There was a chaos in the entire ETF office. Two officers running behind one another like little kids. The office looked less like the ETF and more like a kinder garden. Well credit to the absence of their two khadoos bosses, their chief ACP Sameer Damsingh Rathod, and the second in command, ACP Arjun Suryakant Rawte.

Two officers cum kids running around the table in their conference room & the rest enjoying the sight of the kids bickering about each other.

"Hayye ma durga. Iss kaali ke roop se bachao mujhe"

"Tum ruk toh jao. Aaj toh main khud tumhe maa Durga ke paas bhej dungi. Arjun sir ki chai mei namak tumne milaya aur daant mujhe khani padi."

"Arey toh main jaan pooch kar namak thodi milaya tha. Main toh apni chips mei namak daal raha tha. Galti se Arjun sir ke chai mei gir gaya. Aur main kuch karo, iske pehle Arjun Sir aa gaye aur unhone woh chai peeli. Aur woh chai tune banai thi. Isiliye Sir ko laga ki namak tune milaya hai. Isme meri kya galti?"

"Tumhari kya galti? Tum ek baar mere haathon mei toh aao. Tumhe batati hu kya galti ki tumne."

"Yaar Ri please maaf karde. Please...."

Suddenly she stopped in her tracks. The big doe shaped eyes, reflected mischief in them. With her ever so cute dimpled smile she looked towards Shree's seat and her eyes landed on.....

Shree looked in the same direction and he knew what she was up to.

"Riya nahi...."

But the research specialist was too quick for him and her hands landed on his most priced possession, His laptop.

"Riya nahi. Please. Dekh na yaar main sorry bol raha hun. Please. Yeh dekh main kaan bhi pakad liye. Aur... Aur dekh uthak baithak bhi laga raha hu. Please yaar, Laptop rakh de. Please...."

The sight in front of them made very body go bonkers. Every body including Riya started laughing their hearts out watching Shree doing sit ups while holding his ears.

But their happiness was short lived, as a sudden entry took them by surprise.

While still siting down Shree panned his head all the way up to se who this new entrant was and the sight choked his breaths right in his throat. It was their hot headed Second in command, with his ever so famous glare, accompanied with their chief.

"Yeh kya chal raha hai yahaan? ETF office hai ki bacho ka playground? Aur Shree yeh tum kya kar rahe ho? "

Shree quickly got up and stood along with the rest of his team mates mentally preparing himself for a SYS session. Meanwhile Chotu quickly pulled his hands down that were still holding his ears.

The three officers cum kids looked at each other and they new they had invited trouble. The only way out of this trouble was if the ground beneath them opened up and consumed them. The three of them simultaneously looked towards their legs hoping the floor would open up but to their dismay even that did not seem to work.

"Woh Sir kuch... kuch dhund rahe the..." . Voiced Chotu.

"Achha Chotu, Kya dhund rahe the?"

"Woh... Woh Sir Shree ka kuch samaan mil nahi raha tha. Toh woh dhund rahe the." Was all Riya could manage to get out of her mouth when she was silenced by the death glare of their second in command.

And all the heads turned towards the nerdy tech freak. His face had turned pale white by now. He was just hoping that Maa Durga shos some pity on him and helps him out of this situation.

He thought to himself, "Hey Maa Durga. Maine aapko mujhe Riya se bachane ko kaha tha. Lekin aapne mujhe usse bachake inke saamne khada kar diya. Kaali se bachane ke baad tandav kar rahe Shiv ke saamne kaun khada karta hai? Ab toh pakka yeh mujhe apne teesre netr se bhasm kar denge. Bachalo koi."

"Shree, Tum bataoge ke aisa kya kho gaya tha tumhara?"

"Wahi toh nahi pata. Wahi soch raha hu. Kya kho gaya hai."

"What?"

"Nahi Sir kuch nahi. Joh Khoya tha woh mil gaya.."

Knowing that this conversation was not going to lead anywhere Rathod finally intervened.

"Rehne do Rawte. Anyways team. Kal hume do new officers join karne waale hai. Till then aaj ke liye dismissed."

As soon as the word 'dismissed' leaved Rathod's mouth, the three vanished in thin air as if they were never there. Such was the ETF, young, lively and loving....