Chapter 13

The entire team stood numb. None of them dared to move an inch from the spot they were standing as if their legs rooted on the ground. The thundering sound and its possibilities had brought back all the horrifying memories in front of their eyes. Memories they never dared to think about. Memories that haunted them in the nights. Memories that were enough to let their blood go dry in their veins.

The commotion next to them brought them out of the trance and all of them sprinted towards the directions at the maximum they could. Rathod was the first one to reach followed by Arjun and Riya, Slowly the entire team gathered behind their chief and the vision in front of them shocked them beyond their wits. There she stood looking at the sky and towards the water. Seeing her safe sent a sigh of relief among the officers. While it took a while for Rathod to realize that she was all safe and sound from that attack, but when the realization hit him, he lept forward with long strides and engulfed her in his arms not caring a damn about the world, or the fact that they were in public with their team onlooking. All he cared for at that moment was her. Her safety, was all that he was concerned about. She was his life. Period.

On the other hand everything seemed very hazy for Ayesha. The drug that was given to her still had its effect lingering on her and it took time for her to register all that was happening. Her vision had become hazy, and she felt dizzy. She had her arms hanging by her side not knowing how to react to Rathod's hug partly because of the dizziness of the drug and partly because of the awkwardness. Soon the realization hit Rathod that she was not hugging him back and he left her from his grip. Seeing him back off the entire team came forward, and Riya went and stood next to Ayesha keeping her arms around her shoulder.

"Sir Ayesha to theek hai. Toh phir woh bomb?" Shree was the first one to ask.

"Sir bomb ke baare mei hum baad mei pata laga lenge. Lekin iss waqt zyaada zaroori yeh hai ki hum Ayesha ko doctor ke paas le jaye. She is drugged." Riya added her suggestion.

"I think you are right Riya. Iss waqt Ayesha ko araam karne ki zaroorat hai." Sameer added.

With that the entire team along with Ayesha left for the police hospital. After the doctor checked Ayesha for any harmful drugs and treated her wounds the doctor returned to the team.

"Sir, aapki officer bilkul thik hai. Unhe sirf hypnotize karle control karne ke liye kuch mild drugs diye gaye hai. Humne saare drugs ko unki body se flush out kar diya hai, and unka effect kam karne ke liye unhe antibiotics bhi de diye hai. Woh bahut jald thik ho jayengi."

"Doctor kya hum Ayesha se mil sakte hai?" Shree asked with hope in his eyes.

"Nahi. Is waqt woh so rahi hai. Aap unse kal subah mil sakte hai."

"Okay Doctor. Thanks."

Saying that the doctor left the team alone in the corridors of the hospital. None of them wanted to go home leaving their officer in a state like this. Looking at everyone's faces Riya knew tat none of them would agree to leave Ayesha at the hospital and go home. But another fact that could not be ignored was that they had been going around the city for around more than 5 hours at a stretch and they needed rest. So she thought of trying to convince these hard to convince officers.

"Sir, I think sab ko ghar chale jaana chahiye. Sab log subah se Mumbai ke chakkar kaat rahe hai. Sab ko aaram ki jaroorat hai.'

"Ayesha yahaan hospital mei hai aur tum chahti ho ki hum sab ghar jaye? Riya tum thik toh ho na?"

"Rathod Sir main bilkul thik hu, aur soch samjh ke bol rahi hu. Doctor ne kaha ki Ayesha thik hai. And sab ko yahaan rukne ki zaroorat nahi hai. Main yahaan ruk jaungi. Aap sab ko ghr jaana chahiye."

"Riya sahi keh rahi hai Rathod. Chotu aur Shree ko bhi aaram ki zaroorat hai."

"Agar tum sab ghar jaana chahte ho, toh jaa sakte ho. Lekin main Ayesha ko chodkar kahi nahi jaa raha."

"But Sir samjh ne mi koshish kijiye. Hume bombs plant krne waale ko bhi pakadna hai. Aur iske liye jaroori hai ki hum sab ko aaram mile. MAin ek kaam karti hu. Liza lo bula leti hu. Woh raat mei Ayesha ke saath ruk jayegi. Aur waise bhi subha hote hi hum sab toh aane waale hai na. Ek raat ka hi toh sawaal hai."

"Thik hai. Shree, tum Liza ko phone karke usse hospital aane ko keh do. Ar sab ghar chale jao. Riya tumhe main drop kar deta hu."

"Nahi sir, uski zaraarat nahi hai. Mujhe drop karne ke liye aapko opposite direction mei jaana padega. Main khud chali jaungi."

"Nahi Riya tum akeli mat jao. Main tumhare ghar ke raaste hi jaa raha hu. Main tumhe frop kar dunga." Arjun added not wanting his Riya to go home alone at an odd hour.

"Sir, maine liza ko phone kar diya hai. Woh aa rahi hai. Aap log sab nikaliye, main aur chotu yahaan Liza ka intezaar karte hai. Uske aate hi hum nikal jayenge."

With that all the officers turned to leave but not before taking a look at each other. However Rathod went towards Ayesha's room and sat next to her. Taking her hand in his he placed a slight peck on her forehead. Wiping his tears he moved out from the room and left.

"Chalo Riya, Main tumhe drop kar deta hu."

Riya just nodded to Arjun and moved towards Shree and Chotu.

"Liza ke aane se pehle yahaan se jaana mat tum dono. Aur Liza ko bol dena ki agar kisi cheez ki zoroorat ho toh mujhe phone kare. Mera ghar hospital se sabse nazdeek hai."

"Tu tension mat le Ri. Aur ghar jaa. Hum hai yahaan."

Taking one final glance at Ayesha's room Riya left with Arjun. In the car, Riya had her head leaned back and her eyes closed. After all she was tired from the entire running all day long. The subtle breeze coming from the window acted like a lullaby for her and unknown to her own self she drifted off to sleep. After a while she felt the breeze stop. Opening her eyes she looked around to find the car parked at some random corner and Arjun missing from the drivers seat.

Keeping the incidents of the day in mind she panicked about his whereabouts.

However much to her relief Arjun soon entered the car with a packet in his hands.

"Arjun Sir, aap kahaan chale gaye the? Aur yeh packet?"

"Tumhare liye khana leke aaye hu. Subah se bombs ke peeche bhaag rahe hai hum sab. Usme yaad ho nahi raha ki kisine kuch khaya hi nahi tha. Tumhe bhook lagi hogi. Aur maine notice kiya hai ki jab tumhe bhook lagi hoti hai toh tum bahut irritable ho jaati ho."

Color flushed through her and her cheeks became warm. Does he notice me?

"Tumhe khane mei kya pasand hai yeh toh mujhe nahi pata par maine tumhe Shree ke saath biryani khate hue dekha hai. Isiliye le aaya."

"Aap nahi khayenge?"

"Nahi, main ghar jaake kha lunga. Yeh tum le jao."

With that he kept the packet of biryani in her lap and started driving again. Soon they reached her place and he dropped her and drove off but not before making sure that she reached her room properly. After all they had a lot to do the next day.