15| Turbulence

Kylo

     "Good morning Vic" I said as I opened the door. The satisfaction of seeing his face drop as he realized I was the one opening it was truly perfect.

      "You're here" Vic sighed stepping through.

     "Yeah. I'M here".

      Vic turned to find her sitting at the table wearing nothing but my shirt and those beautiful blushing cheeks.

     "I take it you two made up?" He asked her.

      "Yes" she frantically pulled at my shirt and tugged it over her knees to cover more of her exposed skin.

      "At least three times" I winked.

     "Kylo.." she scolded.

      "She was wasted. You're telling me you took advantage of a drunk woman Kylo?" Vic turned back to me puffing his chest up in a sad attempt to look tough.

     "Give it a rest Vic. I know you don't think so lowly of me that you'd believe that to be true. We actually just woke up early this morning and talked. Then I took advantage of her. Fully sober and willing of course."

      "Kylo." She warned again.

     "We need to leave for the airport. You ready?" He asked her.

     "Actually I wanted to talk to you first Vic. I just didn't intend to be doing it while I look like... this" she motioned a hand up and down her body.

     "I have time. Go change. We can talk in the car on the way to the airport." He folded his hands in front of him and watched her patiently but she didn't move.

      "That's not going to happen" I growled.

       He kept his eyes focused forward ignoring me completely. The bubbling rage was trying hard to not boil over inside of me. There's nothing I wouldn't give to totally destroy him right this very second.

      "Vic look. Kylo knows everything now. And while I was informing him of my situation he let me know some interesting things about you..."

     "Careful Princess. Kylo likes to get his way at any cost. He'll tell you anything to do so."

      "I'm not a princess." She was starting to grow tired of him already. "You told Kylo to look me up. Which I thought was funny since you told me he'd been the one asking questions. It's probably not a good idea to give client details to someone. Wouldn't look good on your resume if I reported that."

      "He's lying to look better obviously!" Vic voice started to raise. "You can't believe him. And if you do you're just as stupid as he is."

     "What did you call her" my voice echoed in the room. A booming baritone of rage that reverberated eardrums. I felt my chest rising and falling at a quickened rate. My fingernails digging into my palms as my fists clenched tight. My tongue pressed against the inside of my bottom lip as I tried biting back my words.

     "Kylo it's fine. I got this." She stood and made her way toward me. Before she could Vic stepped between and held her forearms in a tight grip.

     "Vic. Let go." She hissed up at him.

      "Come on. You can't honestly believe him over me." He spoke softly trying to encourage her to chose him.

     "Oh but I do" she tried to pull her arms out but he just tightened his fingers harder. "Vic stop. You're hurting me."

      "Let. Her. Go. Now" I growled.