11| Definitions and Realizations

Kylo

      My red bottomed shoes tapped impatiently on the restaurant floor as I faked mulling over the menu. My eyes glancing toward the door every other second to see if she had arrived.

     Never have I ever felt nervous about a date. Nothing even close to this feeling I had crawling up my throat as I gulped anxiety down every few minutes.

     I should've picked her up. That would've been the gentlemanly move to make right?

     Then I'd have to endure Vic answering her door. Vic in the car ride eavesdropping on our conversations. Vic taunting me with the evil lurking in his eyes, in his intentions.

      Why didn't she tell me about needing a bodyguard? Why didn't she tell me about the press?

     Vic held too much power knowing more about her in that moment than I. Took every ounce of restraint I had to not throw a fist to his face right then.

      My self restraint tested even further when he stood in her doorway half naked.

     There was a time he was my best friend. Stood faithfully by my side and I trusted him with my life.

      That time was over now though. And now he has my girl in his hands. Bullshit.

      I didn't have to look up this time to know she entered. Whenever she was around there was a shift in the air, like some sort of invisible force, and my world would tilt off kilter with her presence.

       I stood to greet her as I pulled out her seat at the table. An all black dress hugged her curves perfectly, and bright red heels strapped to her feet.

      "We match" she laughed as she took her seat.

     "Hmmm?"

      "Black and red" she glanced down at my shoes as they still tapped away nervously.

       "Oh right" I smirked and steadied my jittery limbs. "No Vic?"

       "I made him promise to wait outside in the car." She smiled and the sight of it made me almost weak.

     "Surprising. No one can usually tell that man what to do." I pushed the glass of wine toward her that I'd ordered.

     "I told him I'd be plenty safe in here with you. He agreed you were good company" she pulled the glass to her mouth and her perfect lips gripped the sides of it as the red liquid poured into her mouth.

      Those fucking lips.

      "That makes three of us. You look beautiful."

      "Thank you" she blushed and looked down toward the menu. I loved how easily I could make her skin flush.

       The waitress approached seeing my guests arrival. She'd been obviously trying to flirt with me up until this point. As soon as she saw the pure beauty I had with me I could see a look of defeat in her face. Good.

      "Welcome! Can I get you started with an appetizer?" She asked.

      "Oh umm. I don't know. Kylo?" Y/n glanced to me.

      I'd love to show confidence and order something knowing she'd love it. As I sit here, I realize I don't really know all that much about her.

      "Calamari?" I looked to her for approval. She nodded and I smiled at the waitress to say go ahead. The waitress turned giving one last fleeting attempt at a flirtatious smile. Seeing my avoidance, she continued on her way head hanging low.