“What happened?” she asked as he picked her up, to stop her from cutting her feet on the broken glass.

“I’ll explain everything later, I promise,” he informed her, Seth opened the door and it fell off he shook his head and carried on across to her house and she unlocked the door, she did as he said and packed some clothes.

Seth insisted on using her car, and even offered to drive; she climbed into the car wondering just where it was he was taking her and how long they would be gone. Seth glanced over at her as he drove away from the house; he took one last look back and shook his head. He wasn’t sentimental and was happy to start over somewhere else, after all that’s what he had spent most of his life doing, he never stayed in one place for too long it raised too much suspicion.

“I didn’t think you would know how to use a car?” she told him, she didn’t think he would ever have a reason to use one.

“They’re useful for times when you need to hide your scent, and it’s not like they’re hard to use,” he said taking a turning leading them away from the town.

Paige nodded and turned the radio on, but was annoyed when Seth turned it back off, “My hearing is too sensitive and that is the biggest load of shit I have ever heard.”

He had never liked modern day music, another reason he rarely mingled with humans other than to feed, he was set in his ways and preferred things how they were when he was human, it was one part of being human that he had never left behind.

Paige watched him as he drummed his fingers on the steering wheel he had a faraway look fixed on his face, one she had seen before when she had mentioned his scar. She huffed at him and faced away, deciding it was easier to sleep she got as comfortable as she could and tried to get to sleep, but Seth’s driving was terrifying her.

“It’s not a race!” she hissed, when he overtook yet another car.

“Everything in life is a race sweetheart, what’s wrong are you scared?” he asked, his tone teasing.

She shook her head trying to act as cool as possible, when really she feared for her life; it would be all right for him if they crashed he would live. He slowed down slightly and she breathed a sigh of relief.

“You should wear your seatbelt.” He said taking both his hands off the steering wheel and stretching, he held back a chuckle as she covered her eyes with her hands.

“I won’t need to if you keep your hands on the wheel!” she snapped, peeking through her fingers, the sight of the trees blurring past as they drove made her feel sick, she didn’t dare look over to see what speed he was actually driving at.

Seth smirked and put his hands behind his head, and nudged the wheel with his knees, he laughed at her when he heard her heart rate increase, if she truly thought he would go out of his way to keep her alive, only to kill her in a car accident then she was insane.

He moved one of his hands and rested it on her thigh squeezing it in a reassuring way, “You are perfectly safe with me.”

Paige felt her heart swell at his gentle touch and softly spoken words, deep down she knew she wasn’t in any danger while she was with him. It was comforting just having him there to keep her safe, but then a thought crossed her mind, just because he wouldn’t hurt her didn’t necessarily mean that he would stop someone else from hurting her.

“I will kill anyone that ever tries to harm you,” he told her reading her thoughts, it annoyed him that she would even think he would let anyone hurt her, that was the reason he was in the car with her now taking her some place safe, to protect her.