Chapter 24

Deku POV

I was gasping desperately for air. My throat was dry and my lungs hurt. I had felt pain but not like this. My heart ached and my mind was fighting with itself. The guilt over everything I'd done was tearing me apart. I was a mess.

What was I doing? Where should I go? I can't go back. I'll never be able to go back there. I'm a monster. How could I have made friends? After everything I've done. They should have just thrown me in jail like the rest of my kind.

There's no one in this world left for me. No one really cares about me. I don't have anywhere to go. Mom, the LOV, Uraraka, Iida, Todoroki... 

I hide in an alleyway. It's the same one that those pro heroes had found me in quite a few months ago.

Back where I started.

What do I do now? There's nothing left for me. I turn around and run. That's what I've always been good at. Running.

When mom died, I ran away. When I joined the LOV, I ran away. Now here I am running once again like the coward I am.

What should I do? Where can I go? What's left for me now?

Shigaraki POV

Corner him.

That's what All for One told me. He would be distraught, confused and in a lot of pain. The perfect moment to attack him. He was a nuisance and had to go. We wouldn't just be using sheer force to defeat him. All for One had a plan.

Months ago, right before we began the mission to retrieve information from UA. He used a quirk that he had managed to earn before it died out about a hundred years ago. No one remembers what it was called. 

It triggers certain emotions in your mind and brings them out at a certain time, they would be stronger and more powerful than before. However to trigger this quirk. We needed him to be fragile mentally. That's why we attacked during the sports festival, to reveal the truth about his mother.

It looks like it worked. Spies that where positioned around UA  told us that he had escaped.

All for One said that there would be no back up. He was probably right. Who would care enough about a villain to help him rather than let him die.

Uraraka POV

Me, Iida, Todoroki and (surprisingly) Bakugo, volunteered to help go out and search for Deku-kun. Aizawa refused to let us leave. But we weren't just going to stop at that.

"Do you think Principle Nezu will let us go?" Iida asks.

He was never one for breaking rules.

"I doubt it." Todoroki says.

But I had a feeling he would. I don't know why. We hadn't even gotten our provisional licenses yet. 

"We should ask just in case." I say.

"Do we take him with us?" Todoroki asks.

Bakugo sat, looking only out of place, with us in the dorm room.

"What do you mean 'him' icy-hot bastard! I have a name you know!"

Ironic.

"Yeah sure," Iida says, "the more the better."

We would ask today. It was a Saturday after all. We had plenty of free time.

"I hope Midoriya's doing okay..." Todoroki says.

We all do.

——————————————————

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

This book is slowly coming to a close. There are about 4-5 more chapters remaining. Hope you continue to stick with me for the rest of the ride!

Also if you notice any mistakes in my writing, be sure to point them out!

Thanks,

~Author💙