•45•

"Wait, Lia please. Don't go." Tom tries.
"Are you going to explain what the fuck is going on?" I ask.
"I'm too scared to.." he admits.
"Why were you out with your ex Tom?!" I exclaim.
He simply shakes his head, watery eyes and fear written all across his features. Something is wrong. Something really really bad. If he's not willing to tell me, then I don't know what I am supposed to do.

"Mate, she's coming to my place until you get this straightened out. This is wrong, and you know it." Haz says simply, leading me out to the car, and away from my husband. I can't believe this is actually happening. Everything was going so well between us. I had trust in him, I thought nothing could come between us, especially not his ex.. but look where we are now.

"I'm pregnant with his baby.." I say quietly. "I am pregnant with his baby and he is sneaking around with his ex girlfriend and lying to me about it."
"I can't believe he's doing this." He mutters.
I mean.. what could possibly be so terrible that he couldn't tell me? He slept with her? That's the worst thing I can think of but I just don't think he would do that. I know he loves me.. so why is he doing this to me.

We pull up to the house and I hurry my way inside to see Stassie. She can fix just about everything, even a slightly broken heart.
"Hey babes what are you doing here?" She asks.
"I needed away from Tom." I say.
Haz walks in with a big sigh, sitting across from us.
"He's being a dick and I'm going to kill him." He says.
"Wait what happened?!" She asks with shock. As far as she knows everything between Tom and I is fine.

So I go on to explain the events of today. How Tom lied to me, snuck off to see Lydia, and then lied about it some more. How he said he's 'too scared to tell me what's going on' and how I left without knowing. This is all just a big mess. We're married and we should be able to communicate. He will have to tell me eventually.
"I'm going to kill him." She says.
"Not if I do it first." Haz says.
"No one is killing him.. something is up. Something is wrong. I just need him to tell me what it is.." I trail off.

__
There's no sleeping now. It's three in the morning but my eyes are wide open and my mind is racing, trying to figure out what Tom could possibly be hiding. God I just want to sleep and forget all about this for a few hours, but then my brain starts to wonder what he's doing right now. What if he's with her... No Lia. Of course he's not. He's your husband he wouldn't cheat on you.

I pull out my phone, going to his contact. I want to text him, I know for a fact he's awake too and just as stressed as I am. I needed distance but I can't help but worry. Before I even type, I see his text bubbles pop up, showing he's typing. How were we both thinking of each other at the same time? We just knew..
Tom: Lia.. sweetheart.. I will tell you I promise, I'm sorry I lied to you I know you don't deserve that.
He's right. I didn't deserve to be lied to.. no matter what it is.. no matter how scared he was.. he had no right to lie to me. At all. I lock my phone, and try to get a few hours of sleep before morning comes.

After sleeping for a bit, morning comes and the stupid sun shines through the sheer ass curtains that Stassie puts in every room. The whole point of curtains is to block the light, but apparently they're just a decoration for her. I turn away from the window, and the guest room door opens.
"Rise and shine sleepy head I made you breakfast." Stass says as she walks in with a plate. This is the thing I miss most about living with stassie, is how she would literally cook every single meal for us. I never had to worry about it because she always did. I miss it.

She gets in bed next to me and we eat the French toast together. I reach over for my phone and she gives me a concerned look.
"You sure you want to do that?" She asks.
"Well.. I'll have to talk to him eventually." I say and turn on my phone, seeing the missed texts from him. I definitely need to talk to him today, but if he refuses to tell me what happened again I don't know what I will do.

Stass and I ignore the stresses of today for a bit. That is until we hear a knock on the front door. There's only one person it could be.. I stand up and look out the window, seeing Toms car. Seriously? He came here?
"You should go answer it before Haz does and starts drama." She says.

And with that in mind, I run down to the door, seeing a sleepy and irritable Haz is about to answer.
"No." I say. "Let me talk to him."
"Fine but I'm staying right here." He says plainly.
I open the door, seeing my husband with puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. God this is so stressful.. what could be so bad that he's crying over it.

He instantly pulls me into his arms, and my anger makes me want to pull away but I don't. I can't when he's crying. I'm still his wife.
"I'm so sorry my love.." he mutters.
"Please Tom, just tell me what's going on." I plead desperately. I just want to get it over with because this is scaring me.
"Please promise you won't leave me.. I can't loose you Lia. You're my whole world.." he shakes his head.
"Tom you're scaring me." I say.

He takes a shaky breath, leading me to sit on the sofa, completely ignoring the fact that Haz is sitting on the other side of the room to make sure he doesn't have to kill Tom. I look into his brown eyes, waiting for whatever bomb he's about to drop on me.

"Yes, I was at lunch with Lydia." He says.
"Yeah we fucking know, we followed you." Haz interjects and Tom whips his head to look at him.
"You what?" He asks.
"That's beside the point. Go on." I encourage.
I can see how nervous he is. Shaky hands, pale skin, worry in his eyes. I just hope he's over exaggerating...
"When Lydia and I were together.. it was serious. We talked about marriage, and kids, all of it." He says, and the words hurt me deeply. Even just imagining the life we have but with someone else is painful.
"Okay.." I nod for him to go on.
"She had endometriosis. Really bad. So.. the doctors said it was best if she freezed  her eggs to preserve them for when she wanted to have a baby." He explains.
What is he getting at with this?..
"Tom please just get to the point." I say.

He now gets a very upset look in his eyes, like he's about to loose me..
"They said it would be best if the eggs were fertilized... and I thought-" he chokes on his own words. "I thought we were going to be together forever.."
oh my god... he fertilized the eggs for her.. if she gets pregnant, the kid will be his..
"Tom.. is she pregnant?" I question.
"She's pregnant..." he nods slowly.

I can't believe this.. I'm married to this man, we worked so hard to get pregnant and to start a family and now this is happening? He's going to have a kid with another woman.. he's going to have a whole family that isn't ours.
"Say something.. please." He says.
"I'm sorry.. I just-" I shake my head. "I can't do this right now."
I stand to my feet, and leave the room without another word.