•23•

"I promise you're going to love it." Tom says as we walk up these stone steps that lead towards the top of a mountain. This is a good ten minute walk up steep steps and I'm really not in shape for this.
"I'm dying." I groan.
"Need to start going to the gym with me." He laughs and I shoot him a death glare.
If I wasn't so out of breath I'd tell him off, but I save my last bit of energy for when we reach the top. I see a black helicopter waiting atop the mountain, and a man waits outside of it for us.
"A helicopter ride over Iceland?" I ask excitedly.
"Told you that you were going to love it." He grins.
We walk up to the helicopter and the pilot gives us a dashing smile. His eyes glance over to me, and Toms grip tightens around my waist.
"Hey guys, I'm your pilot, Jason." He introduces himself. "You must be Tom and Amelia."
"Yeah, great to meet you." Tom grumbles.
Really Tom.. the guy simply looks at me and suddenly he's all grumpy.
We get onto the helicopter, and Jason turns back to us, handing us the headsets we will have to wear once we're in the air.
"First time on a helicopter?" Jason asks.
"It is for me." I say.
"Well then I'll make it real special for you." He winks, and turns back to his controls to get the helicopter going.
Toms eyes widen, and he looks to me with shock that the pilot would wink at me. I squeeze his hand and give him a reassuring smile. Some guys are just flirty, it doesn't mean anything. Toms just very overprotective.
"Here we go!" Jason announces as the helicopter starts to lift into the air.
I squeeze Toms hand nervously, but my anxiety fades quickly as I look out at the view of Iceland from up above. The mountains stand tall, and the waterfall coming down one of them looks so small from up here. This is insane, and so so beautiful.
My eyes shoot to Toms, and he smiles widely at me, loving how happy this is making me. He does so much to make me happy..
"We're going over the canyon now." Jason informs us as he flys over the canyon. It's absolutely amazing, the mossy green growing over the sides contrasts beautifully to the blue water. I could stay up here forever.
We fly around for about thirty minutes, seeing the most beautiful parts of Iceland before far too quickly coming to a stop on the ground. Tom gets out and the pilot holds his hand out to me to help me out. I can tell it bothers Tom a bit that he moved in and did that, but it's really not that big of a deal.
"So? Everything you hoped it'd be?" He questions.
"It was fantastic, thank you." I smile, and remove my hand from his.
We say our goodbyes, and head off. Tom scoffs to himself I look up at him as we walk down the steps.
"What?" I ask.
"It was fantastic thank you." He mimics me.
"I don't even sound like that!" I laugh.
"He was checking you out." He states.
"And?" I shake my head.
He rolls his eyes, and sighs.
"I don't like it. You're not his to look at. You're mine."
_
We get back to the hotel, and I fully expected Tom to throw me on the bed and be rough with me to make himself feel better. Normally when he gets jealous he fucks me, but apparently today's different. Instead he wraps his arms around my torso, resting his face in my neck.
"I love you." He says softly.
"I love you too, Tommy." I smile. "You okay?"
"I'm okay." He mumbles. "I just don't like these other guys looking at my wife.."
He's so clingy and sweet right now.. I is know exactly what he needs.
I grab his hand, leading him over to the bed. I push him to lay back on the bed and climb on top of him, laying myself directly on his chest. Tom loves snuggles more than anything in the world, whether he likes to admit it or not.
"You're crushing me." He laughs.
"Fine." I scoff, moving to get up but his arms wrap around my body tightly, holding me in my place.
"No. Stay." He says.
I lay in Toms arms for a while, until I fall asleep.
•Toms Pov•
I run my fingers through Lias hair, watching her sleep. I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed by her beauty. It doesn't matter how many years pass, I love her more and more every single day.
I hear my phone ringing across the room, and I sneak my arm out from under her head, moving to grab the phone and answer.
"Hello?"
"Mr. Holland, it's George." Lias assistant says through the phone.
"Hi George, what do you need?" I ask.
"I thought I should call you with this before I called her.." he starts. "I was listening to the voicemails on her line, and she got one from a man named Derek Kingston."
"Go on." I say, suddenly very interested.
"He said some things im not comfortable repeating.. and he um.."
"Spit it out George." I accidentally say a bit harshly.
"He was sent to a mental institution, and called telling her that he was going to kill himself.. and that it would be her fault." He finally says.
Jesus Christ.. this guy is insane. I need to take care of this. I know she did everything in her power to make sure he went to a mental hospital instead of jail, but now I'm thinking it would have been better off with him being locked up.
"Call my lawyer, I don't want him contacting her anymore." I say.
"Of course.. should I delete the message.. maybe not tell her?" He asks.
"Yes. I think that would be for the best. Thank you for calling me George."
I hang up the phone, and look over to my sleeping wife. How could someone so sweet and precious have such a terrible ex? How did she manage to get tangled up with a man who didn't deserve her.. just the thought of her with Derek makes me sick to my stomach. She deserved so much better than the abuse.
She starts to mumble in her sleep, but I can't quite make out the words. She then starts to toss and turn, and I quickly walk over and shake her arm to wake her up. Her eyes spring open and she hyperventilates.
"Baby you're okay, I'm right here." I say, pulling her into my arms.
"I wish I didn't see him every time I close my eyes.." she sighs.
I can't help but hope the fucker does die.. at least then he would be gone and I'd never have to worry about him hurting my girl ever again.
"It will fade away in time." I assure her.
"I wish it never happened.." she frowns.
"Believe me.. I wish it never had happened too." I kiss her head, and lay down with her, making sure to keep her as close as I physically can. She needs that right now. She needs to feel safe and protected and taken care of.
"I'm going to make all of this better. I promise." I say, and hold up my pinky to her.
She smiles widely, and wraps her pinky around mine, making our pinky promise.
I don't break my promises to her. I will put an end to this.. no matter what it takes.