•31•

"How was therapy my love?" Tom asks after finishing up his business call.
"I really liked it." I smile.
"I knew you would!" He cheers. "So? Is she good? Any life changing realizations?"
"We mostly just went over everything that's happened.. realized there's a few things we need to chat about." I shrug.
"Well go on." He says.
"It can wait until we get home." I say.
"Till we get home? Is it bad?" He questions.
"I just- I'd rather wait till we get home." I say.
"Alright.." he sighs nervously.
"I need to get to work. I have a video call to see the spa at the resort." I say, and get up from his lap, headed to my office.
Oh god.. now I have to tell him. There's no backing out. He looked so nervous too..
I know Tom is all for women's rights to their body, but what if it's different with me? What if he's disappointed in me or thinks less of me? I was just a desperate and depressed 21 year old who knew she couldn't be stuck with an emotionally abusive man forever.
All this time when Derek would tell people "it's all Amelia's fault." He meant this. That I did what I did without even telling him. I knew that if I told him, he wouldn't have let me go through with it, and I deserved to make that decision for myself.
Of course he found out though.. and life with him after that until I got out was absolute hell.
He called me a murderer, he told me I'd burn for what I did, he bullied me and shamed me. Not like he had any right to, he was terrible.
My hand rests over my stomach as I push away my thoughts of not deserving this baby. I deserve it. I'm ready to be a mum and I'm with someone who's ready to be a dad.

•Toms Pov•
I'm really fucking nervous. What did they talk about that is so bad it needs to be discussed at home? Did I do something... what if she's mad at me for something.. I hate this.
I pick up the phone, calling my florist and making an order for a large sunflower bouquet. She can't be too mad at me for whatever it is that I did if I give her a sunflower bouquet.
Then I call and order take out for our favorite restaurant to be delivered once we get home.
I'm really stressed. I hate when people do the 'I have to tell you something' thing. Like just tell me so I don't have to stress about it all day.
"Jason!" I call loudly to my assistant.
"Yes?" He asks, opening the door to my office.
"I need you to go pick up some cake mix, icing, and just some girly sprinkles or some shit." I say.
"Sir.. all due respect that's really not my job." He says.
Wrong answer pal.
I lift the phone, typing in George's extension and telling him to come to my office. Soon enough Lias assistant walks in, and Jason looks between him and I with confusion.
"George I need you to go get me cake mix, icing, and some sprinkles or something." I say.
"Will do." He nods. "Cover for Mrs. Holland for me?"
"Course." I nod and he heads out. I turn my attention back to Jason. "When I tell you to do something, you do it. Especially when the task is as easy as that. Go get Lias Billings paperwork done since I had to send George off to do your job. Now you get to do his."
He heads off with an attitude. If this guy makes me mad one more time I'm firing him.
I look over the emails for the Florida project. Everything is completed, and Lia and I aren't supposed to go see it for another two weeks but.. I think I can move that date up sooner. She's so excited to finally get it opened, she deserves a little bit of happiness right now.
I make some calls, and buy some plane tickets. I'm gonna get my girl there this weekend. She's going to be so stoked.
__
The work day comes to an end, and I walk down to Lia's office, seeing her hard at work. She doesn't even notice me walking in because she's so distracted. She's adorable when focused on something. How her brows scrunch together and her lips press together slightly. I could watch her all day and never get bored.
"You comin home?" I ask, making her jump slightly.
"I really should get this done." She says, referring to the paper work. "It needs to be done by Friday."
"I think it can wait." I say.
I walk over, grabbing her ponytail to pull her head to one side, pressing my lips to her neck.
"Tommy." She says with a giggle. "Stop distracting me."
"Oh but darling, you're so easy to distract." I say. "Come on.. let's go home."
"Seriously, I would, but I need to get this done and George left early."
"Jason!" I call.
Soon my assistant walks through the door, and I gather Lias stack of paperwork, handing it to him.
"Get this done, thank you."
I shoo him away, and I can tell he's irritated but I don't fucking care. He's bothering me today.
"Come on, let's go."
We get home for the night, and as she opens the front door and walks inside, setting her things down, she gasps.
"Tom!" She says happily, skipping over to the enormous bouquet of sunflowers. "They're so beautiful!"
Her eyes dart over to the set up of sugar cookies with all kinds of decorating supplies. I knew George would succeed in setting something up that Lia will absolutely love.
"I'm going to cry." She says.
"What? Why?" I ask.
"Because I'm about to ruin a really good night.." she sighs, turning to me.
There's actually tears in her eyes.. oh my god. This is something bad.. it has to be.
"Darling, talk to me. What's going on?" I question.
I pull her into my arms, desperately trying to calm her. I hate when she cries.. it just about breaks me. I love my wife.. seeing her like this is the worst.
"You know you can tell me anything." I mumble against her hair.
"I know.."
We sit down, and she wipes her tears away, taking a deep breath.
"Please don't be mad at me.."
She's really scaring me..
"Go on." I encourage.
"When I was with Derek... I got pregnant. I was 21, a mess, I had no ability to raise a child.." she begins. "I didn't know what else to do, so I went through with an abortion."
I state at my wife in complete confusion as her eyes search mine, waiting for a reaction.
"Amelia why in the world would you think I'd get mad at you for that?" I ask.
"You're not mad?" She asks in shock.
"Absolutely not." I say. I pull her into a hug, running my hand along her back. "You made a decision that was best for you and there is absolutely no reason that you should feel guilty for that."
She clings to me tightly, and I can't help but feel bad just thinking she's carried this around with her all this time, scared of my reaction. It's her body, she can do what ever the hell she wants with it. I'll always love her and support her no matter what.
"I love you pretty girl. I don't ever want you to feel like you have to keep secrets from me. I'm here for you and I want to hear what you have to say and help you in any way that I can."
"I love you too Tommy.."

A/N: going back to posting every other day for a bit. I don't like the quality of my writing when I'm rushing to get it done every night💗