•4•

I come into work late since I spend the morning getting breakfast with Nikki. Every Wednesday we go to a little cafe together and get breakfast. It's been my favorite tradition since Tom and I got married. Nikki is the best mother in law a girl could ask for, and we get along wonderfully. Having his family become my own was one of the best parts of getting married, since my family lives in America. It's nice to know I have people I can count on and trust and that love me.
As I walk past the waiting area, I take notice of the six women sitting around looking anxious. They all are dressed very nicely, holding papers in their hands. It seems they're all here for interviews, but for what? Tom didn't say anything about hiring anyone, and he definitely didn't mention that so many pretty girls would be around the office.
"Good morning Lia." Greta greets with a warm smile.
"Good morning, hey what are all these girls here for?" I ask.
"Mr. Holland is interviewing for a new assistant." She informs me.
A bunch of girls? Wonderful. It makes sense. He's not only the richest and most famous businessman in London, he's also ridiculously attractive and kind, any girl would apply to work with him. It truly is a dream job. That's no fun for me though, I hate when he works with girls. They always end up getting a crush on him sooner or later. He's just so endearing.
"Alright but be my ears, if any of them are into him I want to know." I say.
"Of course." She nods and I walk past her to the elevator.
I get up to the offices, seeing Tom walk out with a girl that I'm assuming is here for an interview.
"It was a pleasure Ms. Hilden." He smiles, shaking the woman's hand before she walks off.
His eyes connect with mine and he shoots me a smile as I walk up to him.
"Sure are interviewing a lot of girls." I say.
"Oh don't start with that." He says. "You have a guy assistant."
"Have you seen George?" I say. "He's a child. You're interviewing a bunch of pretty girls!"
He grabs me by my hand, leading me into his office.
"Alright tell me, what do you see." He says.
"Your office." I state.
"Above my chair is a portrait of us on our wedding day, on my desk is a framed picture of us on our honeymoon, and sitting on my finger, is my wedding ring. Because I am married to you." He reassures me.
"If they try anything I'll kill them." I say.
"I expect nothing less." He smiles.
There's a knock on the door, and Greta opens it.
"Ms. Day is ready for her appointment." She says.
"Bring her in." Tom says, and turns to me. "I'll see you at lunch."
I peck his lips quickly before leaving his office. I'm still not fond of the idea of him having a female assistant, but whatever. I pass Haz's office, seeing he's not here. That's odd. Haz never comes late, let alone not shows up. Maybe he took the day off and Tom just didn't tell me.
I hear laughing coming from Tom's office, and try to ignore it. I don't know why it's so bothersome to me today. It probably has to do with the drama between Stass and Haz, but I need to stop thinking that it's going to happen to us.
I sit at my desk, and start working on some things for the resort. That should distract me well enough to ignore the loud laughter of Tom and some dumb bitch.
•Harrison's pov•
Well, I got Stass to agree to go to couples therapy, or more so Lia got her to agree, but it's backfired terribly. We went this morning, and it did nothing but brought up problems we didn't even know we had.. and we haven't stopped fighting since.
"I just don't get why it's such a big deal?!" She says and I roll my eyes.
"I don't know maybe because id like to marry the woman I love one day but she doesn't want to get married!" I exclaim.
"I never said I don't want to get married I said I don't want a wedding." She says.
"What kind of woman doesn't want a wedding?!" I ask.
"The woman that you claim to love. So is it going to be a problem?" She asks.
I can't believe I'm about to say this..
"Actually yeah, it is." I nod. "Stass I want to marry you, and I want you to buy extremely overpriced flowers and a big poofy dress and have a big wedding with me."
"Well you're asking me to be someone I'm not." She says.
"If you loved me youd do it for me." I state.
"That's what we're doing now?" She laughs. "Guilt tripping?"
"You're one to talk. You said you'd break up with me if I didn't want kids." I say.
"That's completely different." She shakes her head.
It's not different though. How can she expect me to make sacrifices for her if she won't do the same for me? She wants lots of kids, I barely want one. I want a big wedding, she just wants to elope. I don't know why these things have only just come out, but they have.
"Maybe we're too different." She says.
"What does that mean?" I ask.
"Maybe it's time we realize and admit that this isn't working anymore."
She can't be serious..
"Stassie, you're just upset-"
"I've felt like this for a while now Haz.." she admits. "I just don't feel the way I used to."
I feel my heart shatter at her words. She doesn't love me anymore.. I can see it in her eyes. She said that with no remorse, as if she's been waiting forever to finally get it out. This is done.. I can feel it.
"Honey.. do you really mean that?"
She sighs, avoiding my gaze.
"Yeah.. I do."
I stand from my seat, and walk towards our room, grabbing the suitcase from the closet.
"What are you doing?" She asks, following behind me.
"I'm going to stay at Tom and Lias for bit." I say.
I throw some things into the suitcase, and she looks at me with confusion. I don't know why she's confused though. She just said she doesn't love me anymore.
"Haz I wasn't breaking up with you." She states.
"Really? Cause it sure felt like a breakup to me."
"Haz.." it finally sets in with her what she's done. I will stay and fight for someone who loves me, but I will not fight for something that's already dead.
I carry my suitcase out, grabbing my keys and phone. She follows me, hurt in her eyes.
"That's it? You're just going to leave without another word?"
"You know, you should have told me when you fell out of love with me. Then I wouldn't have wasted so much time." I say, and walk out the door.