3. Brotherly Love

"You so called mate was crying in her underwear in the woods." Grant sat next to me and grabbed a plate full of meat protein and vegetables. "I'm guessing you told her, why else would she be crying?" He smirked.

This little jerk. "No, I didn't tell her. I can't and won't tell her until the end of the school year. And why did you look at her, she's mine."

"Possessive much? Dude, calm down. I was going to go for a run and she hadn't shifted or else she would have been naked."

I slammed my fists on the table yelling at my brother and Beta "DON'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT HER NAKED!"

He slapped more mashed potatoes onto his plate and looked over at me while I ate a turkey leg wrapped in bacon.

"Well she's going to want to see you naked and I don't think bacon makes for the healthiest of snacks."

Really?! I rolled my eyes and tried to shoo him away. He's supposed to eat with the pack anyways, why was he in the Bachelor Pad dining hall?

"You might want to check when her birthday is bro. She's turning 18. Soon. You're a wolf. She's a wolf. Mates. Do you get where I'm going with this?"

No. No. No. No. No. This is not good. Mates start bonding from the first touch. I had to make sure I didn't accidentally brush her arm or caress her cheek or nibble on her ear...

"Fucking hell that's not good. How long until it becomes a problem?"

"Your first problem is happening Friday so maybe call out sick..."

"To a new job?! Are you insane? Wait, don't answer that. You don't understand the way the world works outside of the pack because you have a job with all the benefits just by being born." I sounded envious and the truth is I wasn't. Being a Beta is a hard and lifelong job. It chooses you, not the other way around. "I'm sorry man. I'm just so, so, so agitated!"

Grant looked over at me and was witty as per usual. "So pent up? In need of release? Feeling tension growing?" Some of the guys that heard him laughed. I don't care what they think. I wouldn't be here much longer. The ideal situation would be to keep my mate safe but in blissful ignorance until the end of her senior year.

The ideas about what we would do on the last day or after the graduation ceremony were downright crude but I saw her in that yellow strappy sundress today and my mind created some vivid images. Such an easy dress to rip off of her. She shouldn't wear that around anyone but me.

"To answer your question: about a month." I literally quaked at his response. Our wolves will take over and force us to mate a month from Friday.

"A month?! That's not even halfway through the fall semester. What am I gonna do?!" I threw my plate so it smashed against the wall, shattering into pieces. "FUCKCOCKFUCKSHITFUCKME!" I ran out of there so fast that I didn't care about ruining my nice suit, which I was still in. I shifted and let Noir take over. He needed to run.

I had a week to get my shit together. Thankfully Noir was back in tune with me. I had missed him. Without him, I was left alone with my thoughts. I don't know how humans do it. My last few years have been the most depressing and lonely years of my life. I don't want to live without my mate. I wanted to claim her right then and there in the classroom.

'We want her to have our pups.'

'Yes! Immediately! Fill her up until she's pregnant with our pup.' Noir was a bit more irrational about it. 'Am not! She's our mate. Claim her and fill her with our seed.'

'That's called rape dumbass.'

'Only if it's not consensual. She's our mate. She wants us. Stop cumming in your hand and cum inside her tight virgin pussy.'

'We aren't going to make it long are we?' Meaning I'll be so tempted through the mate bond to be with her that as soon as she knows I'm her mate, we will be doing a lot of things teachers and students shouldn't be doing together. Not that it doesn't turn me on. Noir and I can agree on the fact that she is forbidden fruit makes her so much more desirable.

I just have to find a way to not become another name on the sexual predator list. Or go to jail. Or lose my job.

'Only mate matters.'

'Fucking hell, you're right.' I couldn't disagree with my wolf. He knows my heart. So I pushed Noir to sprint until almost midnight. Being near her tomorrow was going to be painful enough, at least now I won't have the energy to act on my thoughts when I'm around her.