Chapter 19- Here with Me

2 weeks later, 10 weeks pregnant

Arizona's POV 

Amelia and I finally picked the perfect house for us. We had to do the signing at the hospital with the realtor because Amelia didn't get out in time to do it then.

We went to the OB the other day, and we indeed found out I was carrying twins. I couldn't believe it. I was so happy. We wouldn't be able to find out the genders until about 20 weeks so all we needed to know that they were healthy and doing well. They were doing just fine in there.

All of my things were moved in there from April's house. She and Alex have been my rocks through this entire thing. They wouldn't let me lift any of the heavy boxes and they had the moving done in a day. 

I was so happy to be moving in with Amelia and she would be able to come home soon. I was so anxious for her to get out of the hospital, she has been through enough and I wanted her to be in my arms in our home.

She was my home, she kept me safe. She turns my world. She is the love of my life.

I am pulled from my thoughts by April coming over to talk to me at the nurses' station.

"Arizona, my very beautiful pregnant best friend!" She says, acting suspicious. "Oh April, what did you do?" I ask her with a look. "Whaaaat? Me? I didn't do anything. I've been instructed to take you to coffee after work. And you're not allowed to question it." She says with a stern look.

"I'm going to roll with it because I have a surgery to get to, but I will squeeze whatever it is out of you soon." I say with a chuckle. 

I am in surgery with Alex when I decide to press him about what is going on. "Alex, I know you know what's going on. So cut to the chase." I ask him, as Callie comes walking in to do her part of the surgery. "Yeah. Uh Karev, if you want to keep every part of your manhood, do not answer that. No matter how much she presses you." Callie says with a chuckle.

"Oh so my ex wife knows, but I can't know." I say with an annoyed sigh. "I prefer ex wife turned best friend that refuses to be taken out in my sleep by a tiny but mighty neurosurgeon. It suits me better." She says with a laugh. "You both are the worst best friends ever!" I say with a sigh.

"Thank you!" They say together and earns an eye roll from me.

"Okay, my part is done. You're lucky I'm in a good mood otherwise I would smack you both upside the damn heads." I say with a funny scowl. "Oh with your girly hands?! I'm so scared." Callie says with a laugh from her and Karev.

"You'll pay for that, Torres. Watch your back." I say with a serious tone with a small chuckle and walk out into the scrub room. 

I wanted to go see Amelia before I had to go home to finish unpacking everything for the house. I went to her room like I did every day, usually I stay the night, but Amelia has been insisting I go and relax at the house and do some unpacking.

I get to her room and notice she isn't there. Her bags aren't even there, it looks like the room has been cleaned too. I got a little worried, but before i could get too worried, April pulled me down the hall.

"Time for coffee, my very gorgeous ray of sunshine!!" She says. "April, I'm usually the overly perky one. You tell me what's going on or I swear----" I am cut off with her saying, "Yeah, no can do. Your baby momma will kill me and I very much want to be alive to meet my favorite little beans!" She says, grasping my belly affectionately. 

"Okay, well you owe me the biggest smoothie. Since I can't have coffee, a smoothie will have to do for now." I say with a look. "You can have whatever you want, you're growing my favorite tiny humans in there." She says rubbing my belly.