Chapter 3- All Too Well

Callie's POV

She's gone. I couldn't move, I couldn't breathe. The silence in the room was deafening. I held her wedding ring in my hand that she placed in it minutes ago. I can't believe that just happened, it was all my fault. Even though she forgave me for it, it was still my fault. This wouldn't have happened if I wore my wedding ring, this wouldn't have happened if I pushed that woman off of me. 

I felt numb. I lost the love of my life. Arizona Robbins was no longer my wife. I never thought I would ever have to say those words or even think those words. There is no one quite like Arizona, and now I have to live with the mistake that I made.

I couldn't bring myself to leave the room or go back to the party, so I laid in the bed and cried. It felt like I was crying for hours, when I looked up at the clock it had only been twenty minutes.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, there was a knock at the door. I thought to myself, is she really coming back to me? Could there be hope for us after all? I ran quickly to the door and swung it open without checking through the door who it was. 

Mark Sloan looked at me with soft eyes. That's all it took for me to fall to the floor and break down. He was holding me in his arms in a matter of seconds, rubbing my back and stroking my hair. 

He truly was my best friend, but I know he was also close to Arizona as we all became friends over the years. He looked at me with those soft eyes again and said, "I heard what happened and I am sorry, Callie. Arizona came and found me. She didn't give me the details of what happened, just that you really needed someone to be there for you. She said that she knew we were all friends, but she wanted me to be there for you. She said she would be okay and gave me hug before going." 

"You don't have tell me what happened, if you don't want to, but I am here for you. Even if you don't want me, you're stuck with me. I told Lexie I would be with you here or at the apartment for as long as I needed and she understood. So you really are stuck with me, kid." He finishes.

"Mark, I cheated on her. This woman followed me into the bathroom that I forgot to lock and come onto me. I didn't stop her, I let it happen. We were only in there for 10 minutes, and I didn't let it get too far before I pushed her off of me and told her I was married. When she ran out of the bathroom flustered, I wanted to explain that it wasn't her fault and it was mine, Arizona was right there. She saw the woman run out, and she saw me looking like a deer in headlights. I think you can gather that she figured out what had happened in that bathroom." I explain.

"We came into this room and I thought she was going to yell or scream at me for what I had done, but she didn't. It's like she accepted what had happened, and she forgave me. She forgave me, but told me she couldn't be with me anymore." I ramble. "I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest and I can't breathe. Am I meant to breathe? I lost the love of my life, I hope she knows that she is the love of my life." I continue.

"You did something indefensible, and unfortunately these are the consequences. I think she knows that she was the love of your life. You two were the reason I believed in my love with Lexie. You may not be together anymore, but I don't think your story ends here with her. You may not have a romantic relationship with her anymore, but I think you two will be friends again. Please, give it time. It may all hurt unbearably now, but you have a strong support system behind you. You both do, Arizona even told me she will tell everyone the truth when she is ready and she told me that the truth is, you two just did not work out. There is no ill will towards you. She still loves you, cares about you, and wants the best for you, Callie. You will get through this, I will not let you down." Mark continues to rub my back as I cry.

I continue to cry for another few minutes before I decide to answer his speech. "Mark, I knew you always had the right words to say. You have always been the one to set me straight and to calm me down, almost as good as Arizona did. I know it is going to feel shitty for a while. I don't want to be alone and I am glad to know you are there for me, even after hearing what I did." I state finally not crying for once. "I am going to text Lexie, to ensure she knows nothing is going on with you and I, it's the least I can do." I finish.