Chapter 11- Just The Way You Are

Amelia's POV 

I couldn't believe it, I was going on a date with Arizona Robbins. I was more than happy to just be with her. 

She made me better by just being with me. No one has ever done that for me. Even though she's had a tough go at it lately, it makes me feel better just being able to help her go through whatever she needs. 

I can honestly say, no one has ever made me feel quite like Arizona Robbins. 

I was debating what movie we should watch since today was a sensitive day for her. I wanted to hold onto her, so I was thinking scary, but she has been through enough today, so I will leave it up to her.

I drove to April's house and found Arizona already waiting outside on the porch for me. She was in comfy clothes, as I was in the same. 

"Hey beautiful." I said with a huge smile. "Hey, you." Arizona said to me as she pulled me into a kiss. I moaned into it, and pulled away. I wrapped her into a tight hug. "I missed you." I said as I gave her a smile pulling away. "I missed you too, Amy." She said. The way she said my name was unlike any other, it made my stomach fill with butterflies.

"So I made popcorn and I also have a surprise for you." She said, I was genuinely curious at what the surprise was. She pulls me into the house gently and wraps her arm around my waist. 

"Since you tried my outrageous concoction that my brother and I ate, that you said you had incessantly during med school anyway, I thought I'd try yours and your brother's." She said.

And she was right, there was Sprite and lemon bars. I was genuinely surprised. No one has ever been so thoughtful before. I pick her up in my arms and she wraps her arms and legs around me. I kiss her passionately before pulling away and just smiling at her with the biggest grin I think I've ever had.

I'm already falling in love with this woman, and I am not sorry for it. 

________________________________________________

Arizona's POV

She makes me feel so safe. I'm not sure anyone has made me feel this safe before, not even Callie. Apparently I was lost in my thoughts because Amelia pulled me out of them with a kiss to the cheek.

"Okay, I know you've had a long day. So you pick the movie genre. Then I think we should just push the button randomly then play the movie we land on." Amelia said with a grin.

"Okay, I may regret this, but let's go scary movie." I said with a nervous laugh. "You just want me to be close to you." She says with a smirk and I get so red. "Okay, but is that a bad thing?" I said with a smile and pout my shoulders.

"Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. But I know today was a hard day for you. So I wanted to do whatever you were comfortable with." Amelia said with a shy smile.

"Thank you, Amy." I said and went over to kiss her. I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her close. My lips were on her soft ones and I can't help but think of how this is what I wanted. Not just for this moment, but forever.

Was I already thinking forever with her? Was it okay for me to think about this?

As I pulled away, I rested my forehead on hers and stroked my thumb along her cheek. I backed away and my hands fell into hers.

"You really are my favorite person, Amelia Shepherd. Timmy would be happy to know he shared that title with you. He would have been so happy and lucky to know you. My parents had him buried here so I could always be close to him. I go and visit him the day after the anniversary of his death, it's less sad for me." I got shy because I want her to ask her to go with me so I paused and maybe I paused too long because she caught on.

"Hey, what's wrong baby?" Amelia asked. Baby she called me baby. I think I blushed so hard at that. "Nothing's wrong, I--I just w--wanted to ask if you'd maybe want to come visit with me tomorrow." I stuttered out, nervous she would say no. "It's okay if you have to work. " I made sure she knew it was okay. 

"Give me a few minutes to get a response from Derek." She said, typing away on her phone. "Amelia, it's okay if----" I say getting cut off. "Arizona, there is no place I would rather be. I want to be there with you. I want to know all about Tim, and I want to be with him when you talk about him. He sounds incredible. I want to be with you when you see your favorite person." She finishes as her phone went off. "Derek said he'd take my day shift, and I'd take his night shift. I am all yours for the day tomorrow and there's no place I would rather be, Arizona." She stated with a smile.

"Amelia, you really are the most incredible person. You know that? You make me feel safe and wanted." I say with a shy smile. "You are worth everything I have to offer, Arizona. I hope it's enough to show you how much I care about you." Amelia says.

"It is more than enough, almost more than I deserve." I say looking down. "You deserve the world, Arizona Robbins and I intend to give that to you." She finished with a smile. She then lifted my chin with two fingers and placed a soft kiss on my lips and pulled me in to cuddle me close to her. 

"Baby, I really am nervous for what Netflix is going to make us watch if we pick randomly." I say, now terrified that I agreed to a scary movie, but it's too late to back out now. "Hey, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. We could always pick something else if you want to." She says.

"No it's okay. I said scary, we'll go scary." I say, then as Netflix randomly picked, it landed on The Orphan. Oh, that doesn't sound that bad. Why would a movie about an orphan be scary?

I found myself a little cold and starting to shiver against Amelia. She must have sensed this and took off her sweatshirt. "Baby, lift your arms." She said, putting her sweatshirt on me. "Amy, you didn't need to do that." I tell her. "I want you to be comfortable, here we have a blanket over there too, let me grab that." She says, getting up to grab it. I already missed her arms and her warmth. Having her sweatshirt, that smelled like her was pretty comforting though. 

She came and put the blanket on me, and I was much warmer. "I thought you got the blanket for the both of us silly." I say putting it on her too, wrapping my arms around her again, laying my head on her chest. She stroked my hair as we continued the movie.

Man I was wrong, so so wrong. This movie was so scary. I hid behind Amelia as the character did these despicable things. She broke her own arm in a vice, who does that?! Amelia on the other hand, was laughing about it. Maybe she was laughing at me for being so scared. How rude!

"Are you laughing at me?!" I scowled. "No, I think you're absolutely adorable. It's only a movie, none of it is true." She says, continuing to stroke my hair and also my cheek. 

I moved up to kiss her neck, maybe I could distract her from the movie. She moans in pleasure, but before I could continue she says, "Arizona, the movie." She says. "But baby, I'm scared." I said with a pouty face. "I got you, nothing will happen to you. I'll protect you." She says as I am cuddled into her, she's stroking my arm up and down. 

We both slowly fell asleep peacefully. Wow, I could get used to this.

Author's Notes

I think after next chapter, it's going to be a few time jumps. I think we can move forward with this relationship and we don't need a play by play of each day. So I am excited for what is going to happen next.