Chapter 28~ Depths of dreams

Tris POV
After Tobias and I finish our dance and time together in the gazebo, he drives me home. Apparently the other people who drove with us found a new way home. We pull into my driveway but neither one of us get out. "Thank you for tonight. The dress and shoes and dancing and just you!" I say looking at tobias. He smiles. "Your welcome." He says and kisses me lightly. I get out and get inside. "Hello dear! How was the dance?" My mom says greeting me at the door. "I had a great time mom." I say and she grins widely. I tell her I'm tired so I don't have to go into details with her.

I get upstairs and slip off my dress and shoes, I put on some camo fuzzy sleep pants with a green tank top. I keep my make up on since it's so beautiful. I pull my hair into a messy bun so it's not in my face. I get under my covers and turn my phone off for the night. I close my eyes and fall into a deep slumber.

-----Dreaming-----
I wake up to screaming and look out my window. There's light peeking through Tobias's window so I slowly go over. I slip in through his window, But stop when I hear moans and groans from the hallway. I see tobias with his shirt off and a bloody scared up back. Marcus stands above him with a blood soaked belt whipping him. I run and cover Tobias's back up with mine. The pain spreads through me as the crack of the belt hits me. "You can't save him forever!" Marcus screams at me.

I jolt awake from my dream. His words still linger though, And a part of me feels as if he's right. I can't protect tobias forever as much as I'd like too. But the other half of me wants to punch Marcus so bad!