Twelve - Moonlight

The rest of the evening was wonderful. Tom continued to play the guitar with various other songs that I knew well and others that I hadn't heard before but sounded beautiful when he played them.

As each song went passed I noticed the joy in his eyes as he played the instrument with such ease. If he wasn't such a talented actor, I think he would have made a wonderful carrier out of music. I could see he had a passion for it and it brought me so much joy to see him doing what he loved.

I continued to chat along with his parents and brothers, thoroughly enjoying chatting to such lovely people. It had slowly started to get late and my eyes felt really quite droopy. Tom had noticed my tiredness and stood up slowly as if to say something.

"Right, I think i'm going to head upstairs. I feel a bit tired after our long journey this morning." Tom stared obviously gesturing me to chip in. So I did.

"Yeah I agree. I'm going to head upstairs as well." I added.

I then said goodnight to the rest of Tom's family before Tom lead the way upstairs. I followed him to the top and then realised I didn't know which room I was staying in.

"Uhh Tom... Which room am I staying in?" I asked him awkwardly.

"Er yeah, you're sleeping in mine just down the hall on the left. I'll sleep in Harry's room."

"Are you sure?" I asked, not wanting to create too much of an effort.

"Yeah... absolutely." He replied before continuing. "I'll see you in the morning." He smiled and I nodded as he walked towards his brothers room and I walked towards his.

"Oh and Tom." I said turning around and he did the same.

"Yeah.." He replied with a tired smile.

"Thank you. For all of this. Welcoming me here - I had such a lovely evening. You have such a lovely family." I said to him with a smile.

"Of course Annie. And thank you for coming." He smiled back before he both turned away and made our way into our individual rooms.

(Play Now)

I closed the door to his room behind me with a smile on my face. As I walked in, I saw a large double bed in the centre of the room with grey sheets. The room was relativity empty, probably due to the fact that Tom didn't come here that often.

There was the occasional plant scattered around the room and other pieces of white furniture surrounding a large window. It looked out onto a moonlit scene outside with the moonlight reflecting off onto the ocean. It was a beautiful sight. The radiant beams of light the moon made reflected beautifully off the black water. There was the occasional tree surrounding the sea where it would sway in the light and cool breeze of the wind.

My bag had already been brought up by Nikki I presumed and I smiled at the gesture, quickly getting changed into my pyjamas. I walked over to the window, getting a closer look. There was a small handle on the edge of one of the window panes and I opened it slowly, feeling the cool breeze against my skin. I stayed there for a short moment, appreciating the beautiful scenery around me. I left the window open and walked over to my bag and pulled out my sketch pad. As an artist, I always felt the need to catch moments like this for further pieces of inspiration. It helped me plan out pieces of work for the future and capture beautiful scenes that were worth remembering. After a rough sketch, I placed my pad and pencil down and slowly closed the window, breathing in deeply.

I made my way into bed, still admiring the view out of the window. I rested my head on the pillow and my eyes slowly fluttered closed as I thought about the wonderful night I had spent with a wonderful family. I don't think I ever wanted to leave. And with that thought, I fell into a blissful sleep.

•Tom's POV•

"Do you like her Tom?" My mum's voice spoke. She had come into my room just after I came upstairs and had noticed that I had something on my mind.

"Yeah I really do. She's great and she makes me feel really happy. But-" I stopped mid sentence, lost in thought.

"But what sweetheart?"

"But it's just so different to my last relationship you know. I let Amy into my life so easily and it just left me with some major trust issues after the break up. I don't want those same issues get in the way of my relationship with Annie." I finished. My mum nodded in agreement and then continued to speak.

"Whatever you decide to do is your discussion Tom but I really do think that Annie is such a lovely girl. I think she could be really good for you Tom, darling." She paused and put her hand on my cheek before she then continued to speak. "Your relationship with Amy was quite public and I don't think that helped the relationship in any way. If you do decide to take this relationship with Annie further, I suggest you keep it between the two of you and take it slow. Keep it as private as possible. I don't want you getting hurt again darling." She pause smiling, before starting again.

"The Hollywood business is very pressurising and I can understand why you can sometimes feel overwhelmed. I definitely would too if I were you, trust me." She chuckled and I joined in. " But Tom.." She lead on, looking me into my eyes. " You are doing a brilliant job and we are all so proud of you." She finished pulling me into a hug and I smiled as I hugged my mum back.

"I see the way she looks and you sweetheart. She's good for you. Really good."