Nerd, Geek, Loser!

Picture of Jake on the Right

--------------------

Charlie's POV

"NERD"

"GEEK"

"LONER"

Yep, that's me, Geek, Loner and Nerd and I don't care. It's just my reputation in school, nothing that I care about. I'm not like the 'plastics' that think that life is all about caking their faces with makeup, revealing as much of their body as possile, sleeping around and always screaming or having a fit if they don't get their way. I'm not a sporty 'jock' that pick on everyone or are playing with all the girls hearts, I'm Charlie Brown, the Schools Nerd.

But, what these people don't know is that I might be Charlie at school, but when I'm oustide of this hellhole, i'm REX. That's my street name. I'm a street fighter and earn all my money to pay for the taxes, morgage, food, electricity and water bills, heating, clothes and all the esentials that are needed.

You might be thinking, why arn't her parents taking care of all of that, well here's the answer. Their dead. It's just me and Lily, my 6 year old sister, left and thats all I care about. If I didn't have lily, I would probally be dead right now, but i do this for her. All the fighting and get all the good grades at school to be the parent figure to lily. Mum died giving birth to lily and dad killed himself because he couldn't handle it, he was mentally ill aswell.

I snapped out of my thoughts as Jake, The 'bad boy', knocks into my shoulder making all my books fall onto the floor. If I was being Rex, he would be on the floor unconsious right now, but to keep out of suspision and too much attention and bad reports, I have to just fall onto the floor and scramble around trying to find my books as everyone laughs and kicks them around the hallway.

The bell goes, signalling that i'm late to class, Great! note the sarcasm.

"ahhhh, Is the nerd gonna be late to class?" Cherry, the head cheerleader and Jake's current hook-up coos as she kicks the last folder further away.

The rest of the Cherry's gang, Tiffany, Sammy and Chloe start laughing with her as if it's so funny, I really don't understand what goes on in their heads. The hallway starts to clear out leaving me on my own grabbing my last folder and running towards my first period, Maths.

"Sorry I'm late miss" I said frantically running over to my desk.

Being the nice teacher she is, she let it go with a warning.

I hate maths, but i am good at it, which is really confusing. I mean, i don't actually pay attention in class, just look like I do to keep up my 'Geek' Look, but still end up getting A*'s.

The bell rang signalling end of period 1 and everyone jumped out of their seats and rushed to the door grabbing their bags with them. I would run out the door, but I don't see the point as you only have to wait because everyone is trying to push their way out, so i silently pack away my maths books and penicils and wait until there's no one at the door before I stand up and walk out.

Next is art, which I do like. I'm really good at it and the teacher, Miss Rose, lets us do whatever we want as long as it's art related.

--------------------

It's finally lunch time, yes! I don't have any friends, too much of a commitment, so I sit with my lunchbox outside leaning on the big oak tree in peace with my ear phone in.

--------------------

Final bell goes and I silently pack up my stuff and head out to my car. It's an old vauxhall corsa thats red and I hate it, I much prefer to ride my baby. My baby is my honda motorcycle, but i can't ride that to school becuase it would wreck the whole nerd look.

I get in my car and drive to Lily's primary school to pick her up and take her back to our small 1 bedroom appartment. I could afford for us to move to a bigger one, but we sleep in the same bed becuase Lily doesn't like to sleep on her own so theres no need for a bigger house. We have a decent sized living room with the kitchen attached to make it bigger, a store cupboard and a small bathroom. That's all we need.

I make us up some spaghetti for dinner then put lily to bed and get changed into a black sports bra, training shorts and leather jacket with a hood. I keep my hood up when i fight as a disguise.