Karanuro Labs | Chpt 115

Start from the beginning

"(y/n)?" I glanced over to my mother returning.

"Ahh Mizuko! I think we've met once or twice. I was just about to say, I'm Dai."

"The boss," my mother said, knowingly.

"Right! Haven't seen you in a long time," he stated. "So sorry to hear about Yoru by the way. I know it was so long ago."

"I got your letter, it's alright," my mother stated. Letter?

"Right! Well all follow along with me. This was and is still my building. Founded and built in--" I tuned him out for a moment, my mind racing. So this guy was my father's boss. It didn't seem like he knew all that much, but my dad hadn't been all that important here. Had he? I felt Kacchan squeeze my hand, bringing me back into the present. "So firstly we have some conference rooms. There isn't all too much to say about that kind of thing. Most of the files were kept around here or upstairs. Storage in the basement was converted into a small lab for some more dangerous equipment. We can take a look around there later. We'll head to one of our quirk labs."

I looked to my left at a conference room. The window blinds were open, showing the small strip of parking outside. There was a round table, smoothed over and lacquered. The chairs were all pushed in, no one using them as of recent. Most of the edges of the room were lined with metal filing cabinets. I craned my neck to look at it, studying the head chair.

"If you'll wait here for a moment, the other group ahead of us is still in the main floor labs, just a moment," Dai said. Kacchan nudged me towards the conference room and I neared the open door, looking inside. There was nothing special about it. "This is where you and your dad would stay most of the time when you were younger."

I glanced to Dai who had wandered over. I glanced back over, not getting any memories of being in any kind of room like this. All I could picture were the one at Wash's agency, the one I had sat in the first day for orientation.

"You can sit down if you'd like," he stated. He walked over to talk to the other 3.

"You remember this room?" Kacchan asked.

"No," I stated, wandering in. I sat myself down at a chair, not getting any sort of nostalgia. There was a certain feeling I got, I called it nostalgia since it was more of a memory feeling rather than a picture. I wasn't even getting that around here, but then again we had to whole lab. I got up, shrugging.

"It's only a conference room dear, plus you can ask Dai more questions later. You'll get some more information that I can't give you," she stated. She didn't know anything about my father's work anyways. This was all relatively new to her. I just leaned against the edge of the table, glancing out the window again. I paused before helping myself up onto the table, sitting with my legs dangling off.

"I think they changed that building," I said, pointing out the window and across the way to the neighboring business.

"Really?" Kacchan asked, pulling back the blinds.

"Feels like it. I have a feeling when I was small I was allowed to sit on the table," I said. "My dad sat somewhere."

"What does he look like?"

"I don't know," I replied. "Wonder if they've got pictures around here." I hopped down from the table as Dai announced we were set to continue. I took up Kacchan's hand.

"How come you've got no pictures?" Kacchan asked, turning to my mother.

"I got rid of them all. I remember what he looks like, but my description is only so much. The police report needed a picture and I didn't have one. They used his driver's license but it got lost in the system after they stopped looking for him," my mother explained. "He's taller, got a sharp face, grey hair and eyes like (y/n)'s, very stoic and business like."