comfort

Just a quick note before you read, this is kind of like a vent/comfort idk just have been rethinking a lot of stuff lately that seriously doesn't make me feel good, and my dumbass was like "hey self insert (kind of) gt feelgoods?" So now this exists

Oliver slowly pushed their bedroom door closed and headed over to their bed, trying to hold in the tears at least until they were hidden. Swallowing thickly they pulled themselves under the cover, pulling a blanket over their face, and started to sob.

They tried to keep quiet, they really did, but occasionally a choke would escape their mouth. They didn't get why you needed to scream to have a good cry. They didn't want to disturb anyone or themselves really. But everything just seemed to boil up, all the bad awful things they were told or overheard, and they clasped a hand over their mouth, squeezing their eyes closed. They hated this. They felt so dramatic. Despite being told they needed to talk, it felt like putting a burden on others.

They were so busy trying to silence themselves they didn't realise another person was in their room until a small voice cleared her throat. Oliver froze, their stomach dropping, and immediately starting wiping their face clean and clear their throat before they slowly sat up. Bentley was standing awkwardly on the nightstand, rubbing her thumb hard.

"Oh hey." Oliver cringed as their voice cracked hard, and they cleared it again. "Hey."

Bentley stood still for a moment before hesitantly sitting down on the edge of the nightstand and sliding down onto the bed. "Are you ok?" She asked, voice filled with concern.

Oliver let out a long, choked sigh and buried their face in their hands. "Yes- no. Not really. I don't know." They groaned, voice pinched. Bentley glanced down at the sheets for a moment before working their way over. Oliver felt a small weight suddenly appear on their lower torso as Bentley climbed up and sat down on their stomach.

"Do you... Want to talk about it..?" She asked, head tilted slightly. Oliver shook their head hard, trying to stop the tears from popping into their eyes. Bentley nodded. "Can I give you a hug..?" For a moment it was quiet before Oliver pulled their hands away from their face and nodded, fat tears suddenly spilling down their face. Wiping their hands dry, they shakily scooped up the much smaller figure, wincing as her limbs collided with their fingers, but she wrapped one arm around their thumb. Oliver slowly sat up, carefully clutching the tiny to their chest, and let out a long, choked sob. Tiny hands gripped their shirt, an attempt to pull them closer.

"It'll be better. I'm always here for you." She mumbled, burying her face against their collar bone. Oliver nodded shakily, running a thumb down her back as carefully as possible and trying to not rub it hard enough to make the skin beneath her shirt raw. They owed her quite a bit from doing that way too many times.

"Feeling a little bit better?" She asked, brushing a few strands of brown hair from her face. Oliver nodded again, letting out a long sigh.

Bsjsbsmma its short but it's something idk I wanna tiny person to hug (does that sound like not good?? Idkbdnjdks)