Side Story: Destroying Half A Kingdom Is A Good Thing

[Forest Near Eldion]

[The Demon Commander, Cometa's PoV:]

It was the time to infiltrate Eldion.

We received Intel that the heroes will be summoned tomorrow which is both a good and bad thing for us.

Due to some unknown reasons, the demon lords and archdemons can't interfere with the summoning so we, the lower-ranking demons were given the task to infiltrate Eldion and sabotage the hero summoning ceremony.

Even though our group is strong enough since we are the elites of our ranks to destroy Eldion, we still chose to be cautious since we might not know about other variables.

It is better safe than sorry.

The forest that we were currently taking camp in was surrounded by numerous green trees which bore many fruits.

Just by eating the fruits, we can last here for a month.

I had 25 demon leaders with me in the forest while the hundred thousand demon soldiers were currently disguised as beastman.

All of the hundred thousand demon soldiers had successfully infiltrated Eldion using Disguise magic and the king was none the wiser.

Even his guards and subjects haven't even found out yet about our infiltration.

So the only part of our plan that hasn't been put into action was the infiltration of the remaining demons which are the demon leaders and me.

The success rate of this mission will be lowered considering it is almost impossible for us to conceal our abilities but we can easily handle it if we wear the pendant of power concealment which was made by a famous artifact smith in the Demon continent.

We must also enter Eldion without any mishaps and must enter it before the heroes were summoned since by that time Eldion will improve the security of their kingdom.

If their current security was child's play then tomorrow, all the guards will be stationed outside to not let the intruders and other foreign people enter the kingdom.

I was biting a fruit known as appel. It was red and tastes sweet as honey when freshly picked.

Good thing this forest is abundant in fruits and there were even herbs that were hardly noticeable but I recognized all of it despite it looking like grass or weed due to my well-versed knowledge of alchemy.

I could even produce a deadly poison if I want to but that will catch the attention of the neighboring kingdoms and might even decrease the chance of our plan succeeding which I don't want to happen.

I signaled the demon leaders to wear the black hoods that were infused with demon magic and high-tiered concealment spell.

It also could attract less attention than not wearing it.

The creator of this hood must be a genius since he can even apply a spell that will make it attract less attention considering figures wearing black hoods can attract lots of attention if in a crowded place.

We started to move towards the walls of Eldion that surrounded and protected Eldion from invaders.

It was a 50 meter tall and 25-meter wide chromite wall. The committee was a type of rock that ranked 14 in the world's hardest and most durable rock.

Despite being ranked fourteenth, its toughness and durability were labeled as hard as metal so it was must've cost a hefty sum just to build this wall not to mention the labor cost.