⤷ 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

HIDING INJURIES !
quackity
( ☁️ 🐇 ✉️ 💿 ) — ❧ . * ⌀

you didn't pay any mind to it at the start. the small loss of grip force was bound to be something that lasted for a day or two before slowly healing back to one hundred percent.

but after four days, your concern grew.

after six days, the panic set in.

and after ten days, all hope was lost.

you attempted to stretch the muscles of your hand with the stress ball that laid forgotten about until now; you also tried to relax it — choosing to try and use your other hand to hold your phone, avoided writing when you could, and letting it soak in warm and cold water for periods of time. these attempts to ease and erase the pain were fruitless in the end, leaving you at stage one time and time again.

the thought of having someone fuss over you, try to complete tasks that you could easily have done on your own before, and babying you in the slightest, caused a discomfort to settle heavily in your stomach.

waking up and feeling that the pain was still everlasting and prominent, you marked another bad day on the calendar in your mind — now settling on the fifteenth day of this injury you elected to keep from everyone.

everyone including your boyfriend.

choosing to not tell alex was both something you were proud of, yet regretful of at the same time. while you valued the ability to not have to rely on others, in the back of your mind you knew that having someone help you rest your hand could only do you good.

but being stubborn was one of your greatest downfalls — the constant need to feel right and independent, overpowered the physical need to rest and heal even the most painful of injuries.

so finding yourself putting up a front in front of him as you both worked and twirled around the kitchen for his cooking stream, wasn't hard to believe.

every time your back was to the camera, your lip was pulled tightly in between your teeth — trying to focus your attention on anywhere but the aching, burning, and taut muscle of your hand and wrist.

alex hadn't noticed — or at least if he did, he didn't speak a word of it. some of the chat had, but their comments were lost in the hundreds coming in every other second.

everything was going fine until it wasn't.

"okay we need a cup- mug! like a glass mug I think," alex's eyes scanned the instructions he had printed out an hour or so prior — reading off every ingredient and utensil the two of you needed to succeed. "Y/N, can you grab a mug from the cupboard for me."

without a second thought you made your way to the cupboard, opened it, and reached for the desired glass — you put faith into your injured hand to travel less than a meter without losing grip of the mug.

alex had already begun talking once more, his back slightly facing you meaning he couldn't see the shake of your hand before it ultimately caved to the pressure — the mug was sent shattering on the ground, broken shards of the thick glass scattering on the floor.

"jesus-" alex had jumped at the feeling of it hitting his foot, and the initial bang it had made when it hit the ground.

"I'm so sorry-" you dropped down, trying to pick up the larger pieces without cutting yourself, while at the same time cradling your now numb and limp hand.

alex swiftly tiptoed around the sharp pieces and knelt down next to you, and grabbed your hurried hand — effectively putting an end to your scrambling.