40- only a matter of time

-

-

look me in the eyes, tell me you're not lying to me.

i sat there staring down at louis, pissed off. "tell me." i say sternly. he scoffs, "you're still on this? y/n, i didn't cheat. i'm not blackmailing you on instagram so i don't get backlash from fans.." he gulps at the end.

i laugh icily, "fuck you." i say with venom dripping from my voice. his eyes widen, "y/n! i'm sorry-." he starts.

"ha! i fucking got you. you did cheat you asshole." i shout as i stand up grabbing my bag from his room. "y/n, you don't understand. it wasn't my fault. don't tell the internet please." he begs as i look back at him.

i laugh and shake my head, "really? you're fucking worried about your fans? you pretentious douche-bag!" i shout as i pick up my bag walking out of his room.

see through your disguise.

i watched as he followed me as if he actually loved me. i've been there for him and this is how he repays me. my heart beats in my ears as my eyes well up with hot tears. i shake my head. don't waste your tears.

"y/n! come back!" he shouts after me as i swing open his front door and storm out. "no! fuck you louis. fuck you for playing me. fuck you for using me. fuck you for everything. fuck you for even starting this relationship. fuck..you." i whisper the last word. i turn around and walk to my car unlocking it and getting in my car.

you can't keep hiding from me

its the next day. louis hasn't texted me. of course. he's probably with some hoe bag slobbering all over her. i don't want to think about and i'm guessing you don't either. uh sorry about that.

my phone dings with multiple notifications on instagram. i open the app and see louis' post. of course he fucking posted. it's probably a lie saying we're so happy and are still friends. yAyAy.

"hey guys we are on a break we just don't think we were a good fit. WHAT" i yell as i read his caption. comments are off. smart, i would've gone off. bastard.

time to make it right.

i smile as i text my friend, joshua bassett. i met him through olivia rodrigo, one of my best friends. yes, i know they're not really great friends, but i need him for something important. plus, he's a great friend.

he responds quickly saying yes. perfect. time to set louis in his place.

so why are you still sayin i'm wrong?

louis has posted again. also saying i'm wrong. you see i may have posted a post back to say that's he's wrong.. i know it's childish but he deserved it.

he deserves a kick in the balls to be honest. anyone wanna come with? he's trying to make his pain mine. he'll get karma. just you wait.

i'm done crying over him. i've actually gotten ready for once. plus, i'm in new york. yeah...i'm here for josh. we may be up to a little project..

well it's only a matter of time to set it straight.

"josh! how are you!" i say as i walk over to hug my friend. "i'm doing good, how about you?" he asks slightly wincing towards the end of his sentence.

"i'm okay. i'm better than i was. but i'm ready for this." i smile as we walk into the studio.

time to tell the world that you've been lying on my name.

i hover my finger over the post button. i press it and set my phone down. everyone knows about the new song. it's confronting louis.

oh god. i'm so fucking nervous, but i'm also so excited for louis to get burned. he deserves it. i've announced my new song with josh that comes out tomorrow.

exciting, i know. it's also really great. songwriting is a way for me to pour out all my feelings and let others feel them.

i don't want them to pity me, i want them to feel it. and i want them to love it mostly.

it's only a matter of time. haha get it? the song name is matter of time and..yeah okay.

doing what you want and think you're gonna get away.

i smile at my phone. 1 million streams and it's only been out for an hour. wow.

i open my window, letting the sounds of new york people running around. i breath in the air as i sit down.

the feeling of the breakup really hits me. i have nobody. louis broke me and i've been ignoring it. it was fun while it lasted but now i'm lonely.

i was big when i was with louis, then we broke up and i was small. but now that the song is out, i'm big again. but then i'll be small and then the whole thing repeats.

i really need human interaction other than my mom before i go insane. i look at my stubby nails that i've been chewing out of anxiety.

i exhale as i'm left in my thoughts. was this a good idea? making a song addressing the whole thing?

you would've done it anyway. would i have though? what if i never found out about louis? oh god.

i run a hand through my hair and sit down looking out the window again. i can do this,

right?

well, i'll leave it up to fate for now.

-

author's note
hi, this is all over the place
i'm sry but i had to do this bc this song
is chefs kiss omg. have a great rest of ur day or night