62- cocky

COCKY

↪︎ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐘 𝐀𝐈𝐑 wafted into your nose, tickling it with all the sand being carried in the warm, summer breeze

↪︎ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐘 𝐀𝐈𝐑 wafted into your nose, tickling it with all the sand being carried in the warm, summer breeze. you adjusted your sunglasses, before returning to the book laying in your hands. your hand rubbed against the corner of the page before turning it and continuing the chapter.

just as it was getting interesting, it was snatched out of your hands quickly. your head snapped up immediately, looking for the person guilty of taking your book. your eyes met millie's, her giggle catching you off guard, and she pointed behind you at her older brother.

you turned around, catching sight of the your boyfriend, louis, running with your book in hand. he turned around, grinning like a child and continued jogging up the stairs leading into your beachside condo. he seemed so happy and carefree whenever you visited the condo and you loved it when he was like this. little did you know, he was just tired of you sitting there and not giving him attention; hence the reason he stole your book.

you groaned as you stood up, beginning your trek through the sand. your feet touched the scorching hot wood of the stairs causing you to jump up for a moment, wincing at the heat.

it felt like you were running on fire as you ran up the stairs and onto the porch. the screen door was open and you jogged in quickly, hoping to save your feet from their fiery hell; nearly running into louis's mom.

she was holding a pitcher of lemonade and she lifted it up over your head, as if expecting you to come running in. "he's upstairs." she announced, stepping outside with her sandals on. she walked outside setting the pitcher down, smiling at the both of you; she loved you two as a couple.

"thank you!" you responded, running towards the stairs to find louis. you took quick, soft steps to ensure that he would never hear you creeping up the stairs, chasing after him.

you continued to sneak by, searching for him in any open rooms until you felt a pair of arms wrap around your stomach, lifting you off the ground.

you yelped, surprised by the sudden contact, and heard him chuckle behind your head. "gotcha. it's about time you got off that damn chair." he teased, setting you back down on the floor a few feet away from your previous position.

"i thought you were hiding in a room." you announce defeated as he chuckles at your pout. he tilts his head and makes a mock sad face, "too bad, so sad."

you shake your head with a mock frown on your face. "can i have my book back now?" you question, looking around for where he put it.

"hmm, only if you give me.. a kiss." he grins mischievously, watching as you playfully roll your eyes. "how about, you give me my book instead." you suggest as he puts a hand over his heart stepping towards you.

"you don't wanna kiss me? but you know that i'm such an amazing kisser." he grins widely, your body shifting under his eye contact.

"yeah? and who said that?" you challenge, a smirk on your face. he raises his eyebrows at your response and leans towards you, book in hand, "you did."

a blush craws up your face and you scrunch your nose leaning towards him. he smiles triumphantly, expecting a kiss, before your hand grips onto you book, tugging harshly and running down the stairs with your book.

"hey!" he shouts, running after you. his footsteps ring behind you and you giggle childishly trying to get away from him. you dart outside, your cool body being attacked by the heat.

the bottom of your feet are stung by the hot deck that acted as a hot frying pan. you jump down from the steps and into the warm sand, and continue running once you hear his heavy panting from behind you.

his long legs gave him the advantage, allowing him to catch up to you quickly. you glanced behind you, checking to see how close he was to capturing you in his arms; though it didn't seem like such a bad idea.

he was only a few feet away and you let out a squeal at the small amount of distance between the two of you. "no! stay back!" you giggled, feeling the burning sensation on your legs increase.

your feet pushed off the sand harshly and your legs began to burn, causing you to slow down. he wrapped his arms around your waist, picking you up and pulling you over one of his shoulders.

"louis! put me down." you scold jokingly as he shakes his head laughing. "no way, you owe me."

he places you on the floor softly next to the opposite side of the porch, and holds onto your arms gently so you don't run away again. his chest heaves up and down and he grins at you happily.

he looked so overjoyed; it reminded you of when you would play around as kids, running around at the lake, chasing one another.

a drop of perspiration fell down his neck, falling under his shirt and you followed it with your eyes; practically checking him out. he laughed out loud, his body shaking as he did, "you're checking me out right in front of me love."

you shook your head grinning, "quit being so cocky." his eyes widen in fake hurt, "i am not cocky-"

you lean forward, reaching his mouth on your toes and press your lips against his. your chest felt like fireworks had went off, dozens of colors glazing the inside; almost as if someone let a cage of butterflies out. it was such a normal feeling by now, having dated louis for a couple years.

as you broke apart, he flashed his signature crooked grin, "i'm only cocky because i'm dating the best person in the world."

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

sar speaks !

i hope u all enjoy this little blurb i came up with. it's definitely not my best work, but i think it's cute. love u all and have a wonderful day/night !!!