Chapter 8--Trouble?

Warning: CONTAINS SWEARS.

////////////////////////////////////////

3rd Person POV

Despite the rattle of the carriage and the howling of the wind, mixed with rain patters against the window, it was dead silent. The King, Queen and Princess were staring at each other with confusion and worry at the Prince was staring out the window with no trace of emotion. The Queen stroked his back while staring at her husband, singling him to start the conversion.

"So, are you going to explain why me and your mother were interrupted by your sister saying we need to leave immediately?"

"Whatever Uther said about making peace was bullshit," He shook his mother hand off his shoulder.

"Merlin!" His mother scolded.

"Would you care to explain?" His father inquired.

"Uther only wanted to use Aeryn to produce an Heir and after she did that, he would kill her and take over Ruinid," The responses were either and 'What?!' and 'I knew something shady was happening'.

"How do you know? I was with Uther the whole week and it didn't see like he was plotting something,'

"That's because he's a extremely well at lying and your an idiot,"

"MERLIN! Stop having an attitude with your father! Incredibly rude, what has gotten into you!" His mother scolded him again, making him turn around and finally look at his family.

"I'm just mad that they would do that to Aeryn. I wish we never went there."

"Well, it did get you out of your room," Merlin glared at his father. He in turn glanced at his wife, who shrugged.

"It did work," Merlin heard Aeryn mumble.

"Yeah, Aeryn. It did work. Dad got with his best pal, I got my heart broken and you spent the week with a pretty lady. I would say very successful," He said, sarcasm dripping from voice.

"Wait, I saw you all through the week and you were always with Morgana," Said his mother.

"Right, what you don't know is that me and Aeryn swapped Camelot royals because I don't like women and she's physically repulsed by the thought of being with a man. I can see why now," He turned to face the window once more, watching the raindrops to race their way to the bottom.

"Did you say heart broken?" Asked his father.

"Yeah,"

"Well this is a interesting result,"

"More like it went to shit," It was still once more in the carriage.

"Why did you fall for him?" All heads turned to Aeryn's corner.

"Are you serious?" Asked Merlin.

"Well, no offence, se seem extremely dry conversation-wise at the feast and your the opposite,"

"I don't know," He lied.

"Don't say that. I know there's something else. You didn't seem to want to leave at the beginning and you only spoke to him, like, once so there has to be something," Aeryn urged.

"Well there is but I don't want to tell you," Merlin confessed.

"Come on. What is it?"

"The reason I didn't want to leave Camelot, leave Arthur, is because he is the other side of the same coin," His family looked confused, "He's The Once and Future King,"