Chapter 1

Adam

In a city called Dutsy, a long alleyway run through. So long that it cut the city in half. No one knew how it came to be. No one knew why no one wanted to put an end to it's continuous passage; even the buildings dodged it. It's dark and no one dared to venture it. It is said that anyone who entered it never came out on the other side, or even on the side they came from.

Yet here I am, stepping through it.

It's the perfect place for me to hide. I don't know why people got scared of this alleyway, it's comforting in some way and maybe that's what the others had thought as they disappeared. Maybe they liked how the alley snatched them out of the real world, out of pain, out of bullying, out of disappointment, and only the darkness that seems to wind up long; taking forever to end. No one is stupid enough to step into this alleyway for the past 10 years and I just broke it.

I came to a point where the buildings that's sandwiching the alley are too high. It's concrete faced the passage and no windows are bare.

I took another step and the remaining lights faded out, it's like I've entered a line where no light could enter. I was tempted to step back but I heard another set of footsteps coming up from behind me. It seems that I am not alone.

A light shone ahead. And it got me thinking how strange it was.

I know I'm nowhere near the end, so why is there a light here?

I approached it, the other footsteps did the same. I started to make out a silhouette of a person stepping in with their glossy black shoes beside me, I traced it up and there's a boy with rough features, spiked up hair and piercing eyes. Soon enough, another one emerged from the dark, the light illuminated the silhouette face-first and there's a pale girl, almost bony, wearing a blinding orange cardigan, her eyes looks tired but has a never-ending soft smile on her face.

We side glanced each other, agreeing to the spoken silence. There are two standing figures up ahead and when we came passed by them; they started walking with us too. It turns out that both are girls. One had a red scarf on, almost covering her mouth, and had a guitar case on her back, while the other one has a bob cut hair that seems ragged, clearly had a make up on but didn't dressed the part.

They're all the same age as me and we had the same uniform. Now, I know that we go to the same school.

We've never seen each other in school, it's our first time meeting each other and it's in this alley.

What are the odds.

As we grew near, a broken circus music can be heard. It is becoming clear that the light came from the tacky looking arch with a banner that says, "welcome" traced by twinkling, almost glitchy bulbs. Eveything is out of place, broken and all the things that shouldn't be there, is there.

Especially, the white couch in the middle. It's not facing towards us but it is quite obvious that someone is sitting in it, elbows resting on the arm of the chair on a classy waiting fashion.

The stomping of our shoes stopped and the broken circus music seems louder than before. The welcome banner doesn't seem any less sinister, much less welcoming. It's still dark to the point we can't even see what we're standing on but strangely enough, we can still see each other, it is as if a soft white light is hugging our shape. But the biggest mystery of all, is what's in front of us. How did this shabby joke got in here? Somebody got a lot of time in their hands to pull off this prank. And how does the six of us including the man on the couch fit in this supposedly narrow alley?

All of a sudden, the couch turned towards us. It turned itself, it's wooden legs scratching whatever floor we're standing on. The creepy display made us step back but what came face to face with us is a kind looking man.

With his long sleeved pastel pink shirt, shaggy hair, square glassses; you could've mistaken him as a wise mischievious teacher. You could've if you met him other than this alley.

We looked at him funny but he just smiled at us.

"Welcome," he said.

---------------------------
A/N: Thank you for reading please tell me what you think by leaving a comment. I'm a sucker for comments!

I'll try to update twice a week. I still have no permanent schedule but I'll try my best!