Chapter 27: Kenny...

~ NARRATOR POV

Levi walked along where Rod Reiss had completely destroyed the secret hideout. He looked as crushed arms and legs were everywhere and he came to the conclusion that one of these had to have been Kenny.

Thinking that there was no chance in finding him, he decided he should probably head back to (Y/n) at this point, knowing she was probably growing worried.

"Captain Levi!" One of the scouts he brought along with him came running to him.

"What? It looked like your face is leaking shit." He said as he turned to face him.

"We've found Kenny Ackerman." He stated and Levi suddenly went from cold emotionless, to surprised in a split second.

Levi followed the scout as he brought him to a burnt and bloodied up Kenny sitting against a tree.

"Ah, it's you..." Kenny said weakly, but almost a slight smile to his face, but then he coughed up blood.

"Your comrades we fought, seems like they all ended up getting crushed. Are you the only survivor?" Levi asked.

"Seems that way..." Kenny sighed out, thinking back about his squad.

"Report back, I'll be fine here alone." Levi ordered the scout that found Kenny.

"Understood." And he took off.

Levi looked down at how injured Kenny was. "It's a shame, I wanted to take you back to (Y/n), if you were alive."

"I have nothing to say to her." Kenny coughed out.

"Yeah, well she has much to say to you." Levi spat back. "But it doesn't seem like she'll get the chance to, with those burns and that much blood loss... there's no helping you now."

"Yeah?" Kenny said, still holding his stomach and looking down. "I wonder..." He reached from behind him to expose a box, opening up to expose the syringe.

Levi's eyes widened as he spotted it, realizing what it might be.

"I swatted this right out of Reiss' bag. Seems if I inject this, I'll become a titan." He paused as he looked over to the sun setting. "One of those dumb ones unfortunately." He sighed. "But, for a while it should extend my... life." He said as he touched the syringe.

Before Levi could do anything he quickly turned around at the sound of footsteps approaching from behind him.

"You know for future reference..." (Y/n) said, looking annoyed a bit. "After a battle I would rather you tell me when you go off somewhere else before disappearing and leaving me worried thinking you're dead." She now was face to face with him and she wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him down for a kiss.

He let one of his hands loose from the gun he was holding and he wrapped it around her lower back to pull her in to deepen the kiss.

Kenny groaned out and chuckled in disbelief at the sight in front of him. They pulled away from each other and (Y/n), paused for a second looking down at Kenny, she looked up at Levi wondering if she should approach or not.

"Who would have thought I played matchmaker." Kenny teased. "I didn't raise you two to end up dating and-"

"Try married." She cut him off and Kenny froze, wide eyed.

"M-married?" His eyes now darted between the two of you and he scoffed. "I knew I should have kept you two away from each other better." They both approached him and he looked up at them.

"Why keep us away?" Levi asked.

"You were going to hold each other back in the underground... I knew it the second you two killed those men in the alleyway. I knew you two would always play hero for each other. But... it seems to be benefiting you both up here." He said, and smiled slightly at the both of them. His eyes paused on (Y/n). "You're so beautiful now (Y/n)." He stated, looking at her face.

History, Loyalty & Levi || Book 3: Love, Lies & LeviOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara