Chapter 19: Free

You watched closely as the two bodies approached. You narrowed your eyes trying to get a glimpse at their faces, but could barely see, all you could see was the girls bangs peeking from either side of the hood. You stood up straight and Levi's head snapped to you.

"(Y/n)! Get down!" He growled, but he stood as he watched you walk forward, his eyes widening a bit at who you were walking to.

"Hanjie!" You smiled, running to her and hugging her. She wrapped her arms around you and squeezed you tight.

"Ugh, (Y/n), I don't think you understand the shit I've been through yesterday." You both loosened your grip and everyone approached them with smiles on their faces, happy to see it was just Hanjie and Moblit. "I have something for you guys." She smiled up at them, holding a piece of paper in her hand.

After helping Levi tie the man up against a tree, Hanjie handed Levi a paper and you all circled around him, reading all together what was written on it.

"And there you have it." Hanjie started after a few minutes of you guys reading. "The coup d'état was successful. Premier Zachary has control of the capital and administrative district." You looked up at Hanjie as you were done reading, satisfied with what you read. "And so far the nobility haven't rebelled."

"What about the Boss Reeves incident?" Armin asked, looking up at her.

"We got a confession, proving the charges unfounded. His son, Flegel, really pulled through big time. Just like it's written there," She pointed to the paper, "it shows the charges were bogus, they abused their power, and that King Fritz was a total fake."

"So all of our actions were justified as self-defense?" You asked her and she nodded.

"In other words," everyone looked up at her now, "we're free people now." Your eyes were locked on her, but you could feel everyone turn to each other. After a moment of silence you felt an arm hook around you and a series of cheers from all of them.

Ava was wrapped around you cheering, you fell over as the other three tackled you to the floor and the other squad were in eachothers arms, Levi stood up and got out of the way before he could get caught up in it, making his way to Hanjie.

"We're not criminals!" Ava chanted in your ear and the rest of your squad shouted in glee. You couldn't help but giggle at their excitement, and it's been so long since you all have been like this. Like a squad again. Like a family again.

But it was like everyone realized what was happening and Ekho and Athen pushed off of each other, making you and Ava huff out in annoyance, the second they stood up the two went their separate ways. You practically rolled your eyes at their immaturity.

You all stood up to go around Levi and Hanjie who were conversing. When you arrived next to them, Hanjie gave him a reassuring smile and he just looked away. You assumed he had just apologized for losing two of her squad members.

"The thing is, part of the Interior Police, their leader, Eren and Historia are somewhere else. If we don't find them soon..." She stepped closer to him and held up a book.

"I might have a clue about that." And Levi looked at her, surprised as he reached for the book. "Let's get there and put an end to this battle."

Now that you were all free people, there was no reason for you all to ride out in hiding, you were able to go back for the horses and wagons of the military base you raided and took off in the direction Hanjie set you on.

With you, Levi, Hanjie and Mikasa on the wagon, while Armin steered the rest of the squads rode alongside you on their horses.

"So Hanjie?" Mikasa asked and she looked up from her book. "You might know where they are?"